Page 1 of 1
Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:54 pm
by ejs6263
I recently returned to the game after 2.2. I have a CFL season going. After updating the stadia, etc. from FBMax I tried firing up a game. It appears that my existing Canadian Rules playbooks do not work. I receive an error that mandatory plays are missing. Any hints on Canadian playbooks that work with 2.2? Thanks in advance.
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 pm
by Old Coach
There is a CFL rules playbook at FBMAX: CFLPlays.zip
These should work.
Old Coach
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:54 pm
by garysorrell
Try these out. May be the same ones you have, but I tinkered with them and they are working for me in game.
http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/misc/cfl_plays.zip
Drop the 2 pbk files into your plays folder, they are 'Canadian 1.pbk' and 'CFL Playbook.pbk'
Drop the two folders into your C:\Matrix Games\Maximum-Football directory(assuming its C:)..they are
Playbook_Export_Canadian 1
Playbook_Export_CFLPlays
Then open each playbook in the mfb-util program and import the appropriate book.
Hope it helps
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:25 am
by ejs6263
Thanks, oldcoach and garysorrell. I'll check out both sets.
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 am
by garysorrell
I think the one oldcoach mentioned is in the zip I posted above. If the ones I have work, that should cover the ones from FBMAX.
The playbooks needed a little cleaning up, and there was a bad play in one of them, an offensive play that would show up in 8 man playbooks...not sure why.
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:19 pm
by DONMVP
On those 2 cfl playbooks i found one has no plays at all . Its the cfl playbook . You see the names of the plays but no plays at all .The other looks great used it in a game last night . Seems to work great . I`m now sold on putting situation plays in offence and defense profiles . Never have done that . But after seeing 3 times the offense go on 3rd down and one , and seeing a fg from 54 yrds out that fell under the cross bar with 26 seconds to haft time was great . Bad part it was returned 112 yrds for TD ouch.So i definately be tinkering more with the old and new playbooks that you other great play designers make.

RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:44 pm
by garysorrell
DONMVP, are you talking about the 2 playbooks I posted above?
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 pm
by DONMVP
YES , GOT THE CANADIAN 1 TO PLAY BUT THE OTHER HAD THE PLAY NAMES IN THE UTILITY , I WAS GOING TO LOOK AT THE PLAYS IN THE SCREEN THERE .SAW NOTHING .
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:58 pm
by Old Coach
The CFL Plays zip at FBMAX is the play file I uploaded. I downloaded it just a few minutes ago and the folder has the plays & formations in it.
I can't imagine why no plays are showing up.
Old Coach
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 am
by garysorrell
DONMVP, did you open each playbook and import the appropriate playbook_export folder?
I just checked my zip on the site and it's got all the proper plays in the appropriate folder.
The CFL Plays is the one by oldcoach and the Canadian 1 is from Brockleigh.
RE: Canadian Playbook for 2.2?
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 am
by DONMVP
OK , AFTER MY LAST MESSAGE I DID WHAT YOU SAID NOW I GOT THE PLAYS SORRY ABOUT THAT