Page 1 of 1
Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:16 am
by ilovestrategy
I need your help guys.
What old black and white movie had the guy exclaim "I'm mad as hell and not gonna take anymore!"?
I think it was a Henry Fonda movie but dang I cannot remember. You ever try to remember a name of a movie but it's on the tip of your tongue? That's whats happening to me now.
Thanks in advance!
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:23 am
by New York Jets
ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy
I need your help guys.
What old black and white movie had the guy exclaim "I'm mad as hell and not gonna take anymore!"?
I think it was a Henry Fonda movie but dang I cannot remember. You ever try to remember a name of a movie but it's on the tip of your tongue? That's whats happening to me now.
Thanks in advance!
First. It was not a black & white movie.
Second. It was 'Network'. Released in 1976.
It was said by the Peter Finch character "Howard Beale". He was exhorting the masses to express their rage.
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am
by ilovestrategy
DOH!! I'm way off! Thanks Chris! [:)]
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am
by Nomad
And here is a
linky to wiki
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:26 am
by ilovestrategy
Nomad, thank you sir! [:)]
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 am
by marky
gotta love that wiki[:)]
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:30 am
by Prince of Eckmühl
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
It was 'Network'. Released in 1976.
It was said by the Peter Finch character "Howard Beale". He was exhorting the masses to express their rage.
The movie was remarkably prophetic to the extent that it foretold the rise of "reality-TV."
PoE (aka ivanmoe)
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:29 am
by Grell
I liked that movie.
Regards,
Greg
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:49 am
by HansBolter
ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy
I need your help guys.
What old black and white movie had the guy exclaim "I'm mad as hell and not gonna take anymore!"?
I think it was a Henry Fonda movie but dang I cannot remember. You ever try to remember a name of a movie but it's on the tip of your tongue? That's whats happening to me now.
Thanks in advance!
First. It was not a black & white movie.
Second. It was 'Network'. Released in 1976.
It was said by the Peter Finch character "Howard Beale". He was exhorting the masses to express their rage.
And isn't that either a remake of or a ripoff of a scene from a much earlier blac & white movie?
I distinctly recall seeing a blsak & white clip of the scene from what was obviously an old 50s era movie being run as a part of some commercial a few years back.
RE: Mad As Hell!
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:02 am
by dinsdale
ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl
The movie was remarkably prophetic to the extent that it foretold the rise of "reality-TV."
PoE (aka ivanmoe)
+ news as entertainment
+ globalization
+ media/industrial conglomaration.
Even without the eerie phropecies, it's a superb film with wonderful dialog.