Page 1 of 1

Surprises Version 2.0 - Plus one big one

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:04 am
by Wild Bill
To celebrate Version 2.0, we have added at least four new scenarios in the game.

All of the version 1.0 scenarios have automatically been updated to 2.0 when you installed the download.
Image
In addition, four new scenarios, including two with trains, and a Wittmann 2 scenario (second part of the battle) have been included in your download package. These are all from the crafted hands of Grenadier Richards.

And a BIGGER Surprise Image

The first big scenario with the largest map a huge tank battle during the fighting at the Bulge, called STEEL SHIELD is in the package. It is scenario 100. Don't miss that one.

It will keep you busy for awhile. You wanted 'em big. Well, you got one! Image

And to even sweeten the pot more, two brand new scenarios, one East Front (Dubno) and one North Africa (Just in Time - Beda Fomm) have been uploaded onto the SPWAW Game Depot.

So you do have a whole package of new battles, plus those still unplayed.

You also find a new package of small maps, smaller than the original maps in SPWAW for your scenario design. They range from 30x30 to 80x60, all blank and ready for use.

So there is a lot here you still have not seen.

Try that monster scenario, you big battle lovers (scen100). Bring some snacks Image

Wild Bill



------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:43 am
by Wild Bill
Dont miss a one, guys

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 11:25 am
by Adak
WOW!!!!!

Awesome job, Wild Bill!
Steel Shield is sure a monster scenario!
The way I like them! Image


Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 11:49 am
by Voriax
I started that scenario...then I took a look at it, especially the troop list. Now I'm pondering if I want to sleep tonight or not Image

Voriax

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 11:52 am
by Wild Bill
Thanks Guys. Follow Adak's Lead, Voriax. You're burning daylight. Get started now and you'll get finished quicker...not saying even today but you'll get finished quicker Image

The Monster Making Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 4:07 pm
by Tom Konczal
Can you write out how to upgrade older downloaded scenarios to version 2.0 that haven't been done in the patch. Read it but did write it out at the time of the upgrade and there is no read-me file to explain it.
Thanks


Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 4:09 pm
by Tom Konczal
Oops - forgot this---
Can you also list the scenario number that came with the patch so I know which ones I earlier added that I have to manually upgrade.
Thanks again

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 4:43 pm
by Wild Bill
All scenarios in the game have already been upgraded.

And any version 1.0 scenario will play in version 2.0

The only thing a version 1.0 scenario in version 2.0 won't do is show the weather graphics picture in top right corner.

If that is the case, do this.

1. Load scenario in editor.
2. Change weather setting, change back to original. Check visibility too, it may change when you change weather. Make sure they are according to original numbers.
3. Save the scenario.

That's it.

WB

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 4:51 pm
by Spunkgibbon
I dunno but this thread is supposed to have 7 replies but I'm only getting 2, both of which are Wild Bill's.

How mysterious. Image

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 5:52 pm
by GeneralOberst Teufel
Thanks Wild bill more scenarios for the collection starting the Big one tomorrow

GeneralOberst Teufel

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 6:01 pm
by Wild Bill
Pack a lunch, General Image

I'm in turn 7 of testing Supercharge, the seond Momo. Man, with hundreds of individual tanks, this could make Monty nervous Image
Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 8:38 pm
by Voriax
Originally posted by Spunkgibbon:
I dunno but this thread is supposed to have 7 replies but I'm only getting 2, both of which are Wild Bill's.

How mysterious
You have a some sort of built-in censorship in your browser? Image

Or if you saw just Bill's original post and his 'don't miss a one, guys' reply then your browser most likely got the page from your disk cache and not from the forum site, thus showing you 'censored' page.

At least with Netscape holding down shift key and hitting reload will get you the page directly from server and not from cache.

If this was not the case then maybe your computer is possesed.. Image

Voriax