Page 1 of 1

Auto refit

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:15 am
by Wilmore
What does this mean?

RE: Auto refit

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:38 pm
by Sewerlobster
I believe it (Auto Refit) means that damaged units are repaired automaticaly, using left over naval points. I certainly would not feel comfortable using it for land units (Auto Reinforce).

RE: Auto refit

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:32 pm
by marcuswatney
In my first game (playing now), whenever Germany has some Arms turning up, they mysteriously vanish so Current shows 0.  Have I inadvertently got an Auto-Reinforce option switched on, and if so where do I go to switch it off? 

RE: Auto refit

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm
by Sewerlobster
ORIGINAL: marcuswatney
In my first game (playing now), whenever Germany has some Arms turning up, they mysteriously vanish so Current shows 0.  Have I inadvertently got an Auto-Reinforce option switched on, and if so where do I go to switch it off? 

During the strategy phase click on "refit" icon (3rd from right on the tool bar) after you have selected Germany of course. Then uncheck the "auto-refit" box in the lower left of the refit menu that appears on the bottom of your screen.

I do not know it your units will have been auto-refit already, you may have to wait until the next economic phase to see results.

RE: Auto refit

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 pm
by marcuswatney
Thanks, I found the box to uncheck just after posting.  The screen resolution just doesn't quite fit comfortably on my widescreen laptop, with the result that I have to push the pane a little past the top of the screen to have any chance of seeing India ... or that little auto-reinforce box lurking at the bottom!

RE: Auto refit

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:37 pm
by Wilmore
Is there a time when one would want to use auto refit. Maybe a small allied country