Page 1 of 1

game crash

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:31 am
by BAR
Thanks guys for a great effort in getting the patch out. I work for Bell Atlantic up in Boston, so I can feel your pain with true understanding. I also wanted to say a thankyou to all the Korean era Vets out there - you are and never will be "forgotten". Now on to my prob - was just playing one of the new scens when I had a Stug enter a hex with one of my Brit units in it. During the German turn an adjacent Brit unit fired at it with its op fire. This caused a complete crash out of the game to the Win desk top. Anyone else experience this? If so please post. If it is happening to others there must be a conflict somewhere, if not it may just be me. Take care all and thanks again guys!

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:33 am
by Wild Bill
Did you remember to delete your steel.prf file from the save directory of SPWAW before you started, BAR?

If not, try that and then see if it works.

Let me know...WB

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 11:28 am
by BAR
thnks WB - Just removed old folder and started from scratch - I'll let you know if I have any probs this time around - deleted the prf this time

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 12:03 pm
by Wild Bill
It should work. Keep me posted...Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 1:20 pm
by Wittmann44
This is a common problem when the game cannot find the sound file to play for the op fire. If you didn't copy over all the other sound files from the original 1.0 directory, and remember to choose 'no' when it asks you to overwrite existing file, then your sound directory will have only a few files in it.