Page 1 of 1

Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:24 pm
by leastonh1
Hi,

Having just bought the game today (and loving it so far), I seem to have encountered a possible bug.

One of my tanks was set to move through some woodland....well, the screenshot explains how far it got [:)] I do have a saved game exactly as it's shown in the shot if you want me to send it to you. Oh, and I'm on a vanilla install as I've only just downloaded the beta patch.

Hope that helps [:)]

Cheers,
Jim

Image

RE: Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:26 pm
by Erik Rutins
Jim,

Have you tried using "Withdraw" yet? [:D]

Seriously though, feel free to send me the save file but I'm guessing the real problem is the rear "collision" it's having with those two infantry squads in front of it. This situation was resolve in v1.01d. I'd recommend updating to that and giving it another try.

RE: Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:32 pm
by leastonh1
Crikey, that was quick!!!!

LOL! Thanks for that constructive suggestion Erik. I don't think the tree is willing to let go though! [:D]

I'll do an update before going any further then. I'll also email you the save file just in case.

Cheers,
Jim

[EDIT]Sent to support@matrix as your email icon is greyed out in the forum. Hope that's ok.[/EDIT]

RE: Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:43 pm
by koiosworks
you can drive right through the tree. it is more a planned graphical glitch. we don't bother trying to drive around the billboard trees to save the poor pathfinder some CPU


RE: Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:53 pm
by Capitaine
ORIGINAL: koiosworks

you can drive right through the tree. it is more a planned graphical glitch. we don't bother trying to drive around the billboard trees to save the poor pathfinder some CPU

Believe me, I appreciate you allowing this "glitch" to exist. [;)]

RE: Panzer stuck in a tree :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:04 pm
by leastonh1
Erik's "withdraw" worked too [:D]