Page 1 of 1
One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 pm
by EagleMountainDK
Not really sure if something has to be done with this situation, but it sure looks funny.
My Tigers is covering from a position inside woods and the inf is catching up. One of the squads has a advance right through a Tiger and the move forward until the seem to hit an invisible box and are then moved some distance straight back, they then move forward until they hit the box again....repeat until true=false [:)]
And I have attached the autosave showing this situation.
Cheers
Mark
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:27 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hm - after it "bounces", it's _supposed_ to re-path around. Was this in v1.01d? Could you post a save file please?
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:43 pm
by EagleMountainDK
Hi Erik, sorry forgot to add its 1.01d and isn't the attachment my savegame?
/Mark
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:45 pm
by Erik Rutins
Well, would you look at that. Thanks. [;)]
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:05 pm
by boulou
exactly the issue I've mentioned in another post (going "back and forth"):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1798897
I've seen it with trucks blocking the way, so that's certainly not restricted to this particular situation.
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:09 pm
by Erik Rutins
Please give this another try in v1.01f
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:37 am
by EagleMountainDK
Will do Erik, thanks for the fixing it so fast!
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 am
by EagleMountainDK
Hi Erik, it seems that something went wrong with that fix.
Using my attached save game from post #1 I get this:
1.01e
Simulating turn: 14 sec
Inf moves forwards and then bounces back
1.01f
Simulating turn: 3 min and 02 sec
Inf moves straight through the Tiger.
I can live with the moving through, but 3 mins....auch [;)]
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:44 am
by Erik Rutins
Ack, not sure what's causing that, when I gave it a test earlier it did not do that. Will re-test this weekend.
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:48 pm
by rickier65
ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK
....
1.01f
Simulating turn: 3 min and 02 sec
Inf moves straight through the Tiger.
...
Well - gee - how quickly do you want him to cut thru a Tiger?? I mean the acetylene torches only work so fast.
Sorry - couldn't resist.
Rick
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:55 pm
by EagleMountainDK
LOOOOOOOOOOL Rick! [:D]
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:03 am
by Redleg
In 1.01e patch, I see the bouncing infantry trying to avoid armor. It seems to continue on unil I move the armor away. It seems like they move about 3-4 paces back and forth. I haven't seen it except for traffic jams with armor.
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 am
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Redleg
In 1.01e patch, I see the bouncing infantry trying to avoid armor. It seems to continue on unil I move the armor away. It seems like they move about 3-4 paces back and forth. I haven't seen it except for traffic jams with armor.
Have you tried 1.01f yet?
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm
by koiosworks
slowdown confirmed and fixed in next update
RE: One step forward and two steps back
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:14 pm
by EagleMountainDK
ORIGINAL: koiosworks
slowdown confirmed and fixed in next update
Yes, way to go. Looking forward to the next update [;)]