UV Not Starting - Different
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm
I've been playing a PBEM game for about a two years now (I know, we've had a few delays). We're both using version 2.3. I'm running XP Media Edition Service Pack 2. I'm also running AVG anti virus software.
I just reciecved a turn and tried to run UV but it wouldn't start. I got an AVG warning error that read "Threat Detected while trying to open file: C:Docume~\Owners\Locals~1\Temp\SIbntfNT.dll" Then I'm asked what to do and the choices are "Ignore", "Info", "Heal" and "Move to Vault". I've tried each choice, and the warning still comes up.
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the same thing. I tried running the game with the AVG software off, and nothing happened at all when I tried to start the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the AVG software off, and nothing happened.
Any ideas how to get this game to run again?
Also, can you upgrade the game in the middle of a pbem game? I guess 2.5 is out since we started.
Thanks.
I just reciecved a turn and tried to run UV but it wouldn't start. I got an AVG warning error that read "Threat Detected while trying to open file: C:Docume~\Owners\Locals~1\Temp\SIbntfNT.dll" Then I'm asked what to do and the choices are "Ignore", "Info", "Heal" and "Move to Vault". I've tried each choice, and the warning still comes up.
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the same thing. I tried running the game with the AVG software off, and nothing happened at all when I tried to start the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the AVG software off, and nothing happened.
Any ideas how to get this game to run again?
Also, can you upgrade the game in the middle of a pbem game? I guess 2.5 is out since we started.
Thanks.