Page 1 of 1
Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 pm
by timetraveller
Hi all. The game looks great, but no demo (like AACW), or downloadable manual in .pdf to see if it's something I might like. $60 is a lot of money for me to buy any game "blind". I am a firm believer in demos.
Is there a manual out there somewhere that might be downloaded, which I could peruse?
Thanks for any info.
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:39 am
by wworld7
I don't beleive that it is allowed to post the manual, but I may be wrong.
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:46 am
by jkBluesman
Have you watched the promotional video? It gives you at least a better idea of the game.
tm.asp?m=1633941
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 pm
by timetraveller
ORIGINAL: jkBluesman
Have you watched the promotional video? It gives you at least a better idea of the game.
tm.asp?m=1633941
jkBluesman,
Yes, I have, and actually that video is what has attracted me to this game over AACW. I've tried the AACW demo (it has a manual included with the demo), but it is all strategic and I think I might like the nice combination of strategy and tactics which FOF presents. I also like the idea of being able to simplify the game somewhat by unchecking some detail options. Just thought if a manual was available to look at, it would tip me over the edge about buying the game.
Thanks guys for the responses.
Bill
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm
by Widell
I don't think the manual will show up for d/l, but I will provide the link to an AAR which capture the essence of the game very well (plus it's one of the best AAR's I have seen!). It basically cover all the aspects of the game, and gives you a feeling for the atmosphere:
tm.asp?m=1472699&mpage=1&key=�
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm
by Gil R.
timetraveller,
I don't think I'd be violating Matrix's policy to post the Table of Contents (in a .txt file, unfortunately), so that you can at least get a sense of what's in the game, and then can ask questions if there is any aspect of FOF that particularly interests you. I do agree with Widell, though, that the AAR's are very helpful.
RE: Game manual available for download?
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm
by timetraveller
Widell,
Thanks for that AAR link. I had not seen it. Superbly done, and I'll have a closer look after the holiday here.
Gil R.,
Thanks for the Table of Contents reference. The manual looks very comprehensive. Will also study it.
Thanks again guys!
Bill