Page 1 of 2

Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 am
by Biffa
Trying to get this out before the weekend since I'm away playing last of the mohicans in a wood somewhere in Sussex. If I don't manage it then this pack will certainly be available early next week.

Need to tidy up the textures and add the joints for the infantry mounts, then it will be available for download, no church/synagogue this time due to the problems I had for 2 weeks with my machine but expect that in the next pack- there will be many more and hopefully they will be even better now and lot less stressful to make.

Thanks go to Stridor [&o] who's life I have made very difficult recently. spam cry, spam cry, spam beg etc etc.

Anyway watch this space for some juicy screens and the download link when I'm done. Sorry to any of you map makers out there who were expecting this a bit quicker but I really tried.

Image

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 pm
by Erik Rutins
Outstanding! Great work, Biffa, looking forward to these.

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 pm
by Redleg
These are really going to be a great addition to the game - now the peasant huts are going to look a lot more in keeping with the photos I have seen.  Very nice.
 
Eventually, I hope to see some worker housing for some factory areas.

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:41 pm
by Stridor
Yes brilliant, and much better than stock.

I did very little except give a few tips, you did all the hard work and so deserve the kudos.

Now all we need is a new map with these little rippas!



Acually I think Mad Russian is looking for a map maker for one of his excellent HSG scenarios ... hmmmm ...

S.


RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:10 pm
by RyanCrierie
Now make a ruined factory for STALINGRAD [:D][:'(]

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:29 pm
by Redleg
Wouldn't a large area with factories and other buildings be great?  I would quickly see if the Assault Engineers that Herr Hitler ordered to Stalingrad would be able to deal with Russian SMG squads in the buildings.
 
I am working on Shock SMG squads that appear to be very tough customers.  They are armed with SMGs, RPG-40s (HE explosives), and have Smoke Grenades.

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:39 pm
by Motomouse
Looking good, providing a nice setting!


RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm
by GShock
Truly the battle of Stalingrad could be worth 10 stock campaigns ... Just have a look at some air pictures and then look at "Enemy at the gates".

I'm amazed to see so many are building so much stuff for this game...if i only had the time to play it, i'd have already bought it!

I.E. I bought EiANW and i just patched it today, then i realized i have never played it....[8|]

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 am
by Biffa
I've rushed it a bit to get it done in time so I've labelled it a Beta. Also next week I will include an addon to it which can be used to simply overwrite the graphic files to make them non-winter since most of the current rooves have frost/snow on them.

The final release will hopefully take into account any comments from you guys here and will include the summer graphics mentioned above. Hopefully the next pack should be simpler and quicker to produce. [:@]

Thanks for your encouragement and ofc thanks go to Stridor [&o].

Some screens-

Image

Image

http://www.4shared.com/file/49458579/e6bbc05d/Biffas-real-estate-pack1_beta_-for-PCK.html

Just thought I'd mention one sweet website that gives you a real flavour for the region and some nice reference material, the pictures certainly inspired me: http://www.galenfrysinger.com/ukraine_folk_museum.htm

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:36 am
by Stridor
now all we need is Erik to ask Kevin about this mythical smoke particle to get smoke outta those chimneys.

I like your little Ukranian Real Estate icon [;)]

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 am
by Erik Rutins
Whoops, forgot about that - not mythical at all though, check out Winterstorm Level 2 in the Scene Editor.



Image

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 am
by Stridor
Thanks Erik.

That is good news.

I had a look ...

It seems you can't add a particle emiter in scenedit you need to go into the scene xml and do it by hand [:(]

So this goes under the main child list

Code: Select all

 <particleEmitterNodeDo particleEmitterNodeType="SmokePlume">
         <vector x="X" y="Y" z="Z" />
         <orientation yaw="0" pitch="0" roll="0" />
 </particleEmitterNodeDo>
 

Where X/Y/Z are the map coords you want the plume to be.

I had a look in the game dlls and found a whole bunch of others particle emiters like

Smoke
SmokePlume
SmolderCloud
SmolderFlame
SnowExplosion

+ others

But none other than SmokePlume seems to work in the game [:(]

Maybe Kevin can enlighten us further [&o]

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:23 am
by EagleMountainDK
Looking great Biffa!

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am
by Biffa
Thanks guys, damn 2.40am that was a squeeze.

Maybe save the smoke for a nice ruined buildings set, who's gonna be warming up the bread stove with the German Army rolling through their neighbourhood? [8|] One of my thoughts was to do a totally wasted village with charred and piled bodies behind walls and out in the streets, great way to get the Russian player to fight more aggressively! Anyone seen the movie Elem Klimov's Come and See?

Wondering if using smoke will mean some ppl with basic machines may have problems?

Anyway keep spotting the odd texture that needs tweaking but I'll take the weekend off and await any extra comments. Windmills, barricades, more peasant huts, wreckage etc all coming up.

Here's a nice pic, a bit LoTR but probably pretty close to how dire some of these places would have been:

Image

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm
by Motomouse
My Opinion on atrocities and games: I prefer cruelities and war crime not depicted&nbsp; in a game. I do not shut my eyes, but when I deal with grave atrocities, I prefer to refer to literature and art.

Regards
Motomouse



RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:40 pm
by Biffa
Well said and a good point, maybe focus on the destruction rather than the gore.

Anyway 1 download means there seems to be no rush for terrain mods of any type atm.

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm
by junk2drive
The title of the thread states immenent release and the download link is hard to find. Plus you label it beta.
&nbsp;
Add to that, people are still trying to figure out how to make new maps.

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:49 pm
by Motomouse
Biffa, looking forward to your great buildings. Just spending most of my available PCK time on playing the game and&nbsp;editing the blender bike. I thought I wait for the official release, but if you need some feedback on the beta, I will be glad to look at the beta pack.

Thanks for your good looking additions!
Motomouse

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:49 pm
by von Staudt
Be patient. There are a lot of very talented scenario designers just getting there feet wet after transitiong from CM. Your work is beautiful and will be utilized to no end in the near future.[&o]

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:49 pm
by Erik Rutins
I actually missed the download link too! I just grabbed it, but it looks like it should be reorganized a bit for easy installation into the game. Stridor or Cougar should be able to help with that.

Thanks, Biffa. With your permission, I'd like to add these into the next official release. [8D]