Page 1 of 1
Problem at Chungking
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:30 pm
by Azrael_111
Hey everyone,
I have a problem with a bug/feature in the game. Playing as Japanese, I have conquered all Chinese cities, including Chungking. Now I have the problem that invisible Chinese units keep respawning (every turn) at Chungking. They do not seem to be doing much, they are not even appearing on the map or in the Combat animation. However, they do appear as Number of troops, guns, vehicles and Assault strength in combat reports and the summary shows that they surrender (the same units over and over again). A bigger problem is posed by the fact that the Hex is contested. I am unable to move troops out of it. Quite annoying, most of my China-Army is in effect pinned in place. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?
I am runnin 1.806 and it is a stock scenario 15 game versus the AI.
Thanks in advance
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 pm
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Azrael_111
Hey everyone,
I have a problem with a bug/feature in the game. Playing as Japanese, I have conquered all Chinese cities, including Chungking. Now I have the problem that invisible Chinese units keep respawning (every turn) at Chungking. They do not seem to be doing much, they are not even appearing on the map or in the Combat animation. However, they do appear as Number of troops, guns, vehicles and Assault strength in combat reports and the summary shows that they surrender (the same units over and over again). A bigger problem is posed by the fact that the Hex is contested. I am unable to move troops out of it. Quite annoying, most of my China-Army is in effect pinned in place. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?
I am runnin 1.806 and it is a stock scenario 15 game versus the AI.
Thanks in advance
known bug. guess there´s no workaround. You can move your troops out by setting their destination a FRIENDLY BASE.
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:59 pm
by Azrael_111
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, castor troy.
I could not find anything on the forum concerning this bug, does it occur every time you take Chungking or is some random element involved? Just wondering if I should reload pre-conquest and try again. Similarly, do these units DO anything? Do they attack on their own, cut supply lines?
Thanks again!
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:26 am
by bradfordkay
When Chinese ground units are destroyed, they will respawn in Chungking in (I believe) 90 days. When the Japanese control Chungking, the program can't figure out what to do with the units - thus you have this problem. It is my understanding that we have yet to find a way to fix this that will allow the Chinese units to respawn when the base is controlled by the Chinese...
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:47 am
by Feinder
I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...
-F-
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:22 am
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Feinder
I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...
-F-
IIRC you can´t even attack them and I guess they can´t attack you. To make sure, I would just keep 1000 assault points at Chungking and no matter if ghost or real unit, without supplies and with the urban bonus, the Chinese will never kick you out.
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 am
by JeffroK
Must be a bug that only effects Chungking or only respawning units.
When I captured Tokyo (vs AI in 2/45, after almost a 12 mth siege, It needed about 80% of Allied Divs) I have had no "ghost units appear.
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:02 am
by Azrael_111
Have to test actual losses and points gained tonite when I am back home, but I do not think I get points for the surrendering units (have to turn off ground attacks to see if my gain in army loss points is from these surrenders).
RE: Problem at Chungking
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:06 am
by Azrael_111
ORIGINAL: castor troy
ORIGINAL: Feinder
I would be interesting to know if you gain points for the "ghost" units that "surrender"...
-F-
IIRC you can´t even attack them and I guess they can´t attack you. To make sure, I would just keep 1000 assault points at Chungking and no matter if ghost or real unit, without supplies and with the urban bonus, the Chinese will never kick you out.
Not so sure about that, I can attack them, definitely, the combat report even claims losses on my side. The hex is even treated as contested in some sense, i.e. I cannot move out of it directly, have to choose a friendly base as movement target or they will stop immediately.
The thing that has me puzzled is that it is always the same units, every turn. They seem to respawn immediately, not after 90 days. So it seems to be more than just the respawning algorithm still at work, it is also buggy even if it SHOULD respawn there.