Page 1 of 1

Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:06 pm
by jimmyPx
I have read the manual, and know what it says, but Practically I have not found a use for Administrative and Engineering Generals.

Can someone tell me what I am missing ??

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:09 pm
by willgamer
ORIGINAL: Jim Power

I have read the manual, and know what it says, but Practically I have not found a use for Administrative and Engineering Generals.

Can someone tell me what I am missing ??


They build fortifications at a much lower cost.

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 pm
by JanSorensen
I simply use the ones I have at the start of the game (a couple of 6 adm for each side). I rarely need more and just take the extra supply cost the few times I really need to build 3 items. I find that getting more useful leaders outweight the extra small supply cost from not having high adm leaders for construction.
 
So, I concur with the OP.

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm
by Erik Rutins
They're useful for building depots and fortifications, the significantly reduce the supply cost of building those, which can make a difference in the long run.

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 pm
by PyleDriver
If you play limited command, which I love, you get three activations a turn. Late in 63, 2 maybe 3 additional activations are needed as the Union to build depots and forts to keep up with Union advance...As long as no one takes leave, the CSA can get by with the 3 they start with.

[8D]
Jon

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:49 pm
by GShock
CSA has only 1 engineer at start and it's Leadbetter. Administrative leaders are somehow between trainer and builder as far as i noticed.

Even with semi-randomized stats, Lawton is a 4 INF trainer. Administrative leaders are also the best choice for TC since they don't fight but looks like their admin rating increases chances of gaining initiative and passing it on. Feelings...[8D]

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm
by PyleDriver
The reason the Union needs 6, is that if 2 areas are taken the same month I can build 3 depots in each. This will allow me to take Cav raids and have enought supply left to get my initiative bonus for my AC's...

[8D]
Jon

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:02 pm
by WarHunter
As the Rebel player, i love the Admin leaders. They really save alot of suppy when building forts and depots.
In my latest game, Using Random stats, i left Cooper as the TC and when Lee showed up, he had a -1 Army Command modifier, so he became a TC also.
 
As the Yankee, building a depot on an island without a leader cost 99supply, with an Admin rating6 only 1supply. Not that the Union is hamstrung for supply. But i like to think i'm cutting pork barrel spending using the right leader for the job.

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:33 pm
by willgamer
ORIGINAL: PyleDriver

If you play limited command, which I love, you get three activations a turn. Late in 63, 2 maybe 3 additional activations are needed as the Union to build depots and forts to keep up with Union advance...As long as no one takes leave, the CSA can get by with the 3 they start with.

[8D]
Jon

There is, potentially, a reason for the CSA to build an additional leader or 2. If your strategy is to blitz build forts, especially L2, before CSA supply woes set in, more leaders may be needed.

RE: Engineering and Administrative Generals

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:50 pm
by PyleDriver
Will, (is that your name) the CSA only has so much to work with. The Union navy takes time to build, and forts can be built by the time they arrive. Jan was right, good field leaders overcome alot of mishaps...

[8D]
Jon