Page 1 of 1

Map making issues & VISTA

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:46 pm
by Big Ivan
Hello Jason

I have a couple of problems with JTCS playing through Vista and I thought there maybe a quck fix I am unaware exists.

1.) When making maps using the first screen in the editor I get garbled boxes for the different terrain types instead of the individual slide bar pix. The boxes for map size are also garbled so I have to guess by mental count instead of seeing a number.

2.) When I make maps direct or through random scenario generation, the editor does not apply the town names.

Any suggestions on what you think may be going on? On another computer which uses XP I don't see these issues.

Any help would be appreciated!
Best Always!
Big Ivan[&:]

RE: Map making issues

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:37 pm
by Jason Petho
I recently acquired a Vista laptop, give me a few days (ish) to test it out.

Jason Petho

RE: Map making issues

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:41 pm
by marcbarker
i have vista and had the same issue i change my desktop theme to classic and poof the problem was gone along with the white space issues

RE: Map making issues

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:04 pm
by Jason Petho
ORIGINAL: barker

i have vista and had the same issue i change my desktop theme to classic and poof the problem was gone along with the white space issues

That's brilliant information, thank you, barker.

I will sticky this.

Jason Petho

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:02 pm
by Big Ivan
Gents,

Nice idea but unfortunately it didn't seem to work on my machine. I may have to accept there is a compatibility problem here for the moment.

Big Ivan

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:42 pm
by marcbarker
I have ultimate and premium. i have note tested on ultimate yet. Is there video card issues maybe?

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:56 am
by Big Ivan
Hi Jason,

Here is another map making issue I thought you should be aware of if you're not already.

The slider for Bocage in map making does not work either through Windows XP or Vista. I'm running both operating systems through different computers. I first began noticing the problem in playing the DCG "Caen & Beyond" After seven scenarios there was no Bocage to be found. Then I tried making a couple of maps and put the slider on full and three-quarters. No bocage!

Maybe someone can look into that for the next upgrade.
Thanks
Big Ivan

RE: Map making issues & VISTA

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:28 pm
by CaptainHuge
Was anything resolved about the garbled boxes?  I have Vista and I have to guess as to the percentages of terrain.