Page 1 of 1

2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 pm
by GaryChildress
What is the status on War in the Mediterranean? Is 2by3 ever going to pick up their original proposal? I know anything is possible and nothing is written entirely in stone but I for one think a War in the Mediterranean based upon the War in the Pacific engine would be divine!! [8D]

EDIT: I believe Fremen is devotedly working on a scenario but if I'm not mistaken there are limitations to how well WITP will translate into a WITM.

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:38 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Let them take a couple of years to do the new WiR first...

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:45 pm
by GaryChildress
I look forward to WiR as well. Carrier Force I'm a little skeptical of. I think before seeing a Carrier enhancement of UV I would rather see a War in the Mediterrranean. But WiR would be great for a next release.

Or even more ideal: I would love to see an ultra modable WitP in which any map could be applied to the engine and used with equal playability. That would be heaven! [8D]

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:23 pm
by MadmanRick
I've played the WitM mod and I thought (despite its' rough edges and inherent limitations) that it was well done and a nice little extension of WitP! I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled. I would surely put some of my hard earned $$$ into WitM! I'd actually rather have seen WitM go into production, than WPO, although I did buy WPO. Just my 2 cents though.

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:02 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

I've played the WitM mod and I thought (despite its' rough edges and inherent limitations) that it was well done and a nice little extension of WitP! I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled. I would surely put some of my hard earned $$$ into WitM! I'd actually rather have seen WitM go into production, than WPO, although I did buy WPO. Just my 2 cents though.

I agree. It would have been great if Tankerace had done WitM. I bought WPO also. I haven't played it in a long time but I have to say Tankerace did do an A1+ job on it. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm in the leaders database as merchant ship captain! [:D]) I like probably almost anything made with the WITP engine. WitP is my all time favorite turn based grand strategy game. Maybe we could get Tankerace to update his WPO by doing a WitM version! [:D]

And while I'm on all time favorite game engines I'll throw in that my favorite RTS game engine is most definitely the Close Combat series.



RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 pm
by canadaexile
I would like to play WITM against the AI. Still a novice at WITP. Think it would be a great expansion, better than WIR and although I would no help to anyone in the development apart from a "beta" tester  I would love to see it.

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:40 pm
by Josans
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

What is the status on War in the Mediterranean? Is 2by3 ever going to pick up their original proposal? I know anything is possible and nothing is written entirely in stone but I for one think a War in the Mediterranean based upon the War in the Pacific engine would be divine!! [8D]

EDIT: I believe Fremen is devotedly working on a scenario but if I'm not mistaken there are limitations to how well WITP will translate into a WITM.

Now Gary and Joel, and testers all we are focused on East Front. You will see a great game here! And, yes, why not a Med front in the future? I hope Gary look to this point but the wir remake will change all[:)] You will see[;)]

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:11 am
by E
ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

I was one of those that was disappointed when it was announced that "Bomb Alley" (or whatever it was to be called) was cancelled.

Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....




Image

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 am
by Grell
I'd prefer War in Russia myself.

Regards,

Grell

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 pm
by Capt. Harlock
ORIGINAL: E


Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....

And it's available at:
http://www.virtualapple.org/bomballeydisk.html

Be aware the AI will only play the Allied side . . .[:(]

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:27 am
by Valkyrie
ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

ORIGINAL: E


Bomb Alley by Grigsby has already been released....

And it's available at:
http://www.virtualapple.org/bomballeydisk.html

Be aware the AI will only play the Allied side . . .[:(]

I owned that game, but never could get into it like I did into Grigsby's Guadalcanal, my first computer wargame ever! Just think, the list price for these Apple II games was $59.95 in 1979 dollars. That would be $100 (or more) in today's currency. Enjoy the value that we see today in comparison.

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:55 am
by E
ORIGINAL: Grell

I'd prefer War in Russia myself.

Regards,

Grell

That's out now too!...

Image

RE: 2by3 Games: Please Do "War in the Mediterranean"

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:55 pm
by SuluSea
After playing WITP and loving it , there is no question I would buy WITM the day (hypothetically) it's released.[8D]