Page 1 of 1

Ceding Provinces

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:28 pm
by Mardonius
Gents:

I notice that on the game log that during the economic phase, a country that cedes a province to an ally loses a political point. Although there is not log entry, I have observed (or so I think) that the receiver gains a Political Point.

Can anyone (ehem... Marshall) with well-honed eyes clear this up.

best
Mardonius

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:06 pm
by Thresh
I haven't noticed this, but will take a look later...

Todd

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 am
by MarshallEllis
Actually the ceding nation should lose the pp and the receiver should gain none. This is also consistent with EiA. I will look to add a log entry.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm
by NeverMan
I can't remember the rule, so someone let me know:

1. Should you be able to cede a province of yours where the capital is currently under siege by an enemy corps?

2. Should you be able to cede more than 1 province in an eco phase?


1. EiANW currently allows this.
2. EiANW currently does not allow this.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm
by KenClark
1. Yes for minor countries. You can never cede your own province. (iirc)

2. No for both - only 1 ceding per eco phase.

I think the rules have it right.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:40 pm
by gwheelock
Actually #1 is NO. You cannot (voluntarily - ceding as a result of surrender/peace conditions is different) cede provences or minor countries that contain enemy corp.
(If the program is allowing this; its a bug & needs to be reported to Marshall)

12.7 from the manual
A territory may not be ceded while it contains any forces of a major power at war with the controlling
major power or, in the case of a minor country, separately at war with that minor country, unless it is ceded to that major power with forces inside that territory.


There is a slight ambiguity in #2 - Multi-District minors are counted as separate parts for the Confederation
of the Rhine & O-E; but a single entity for Poland. This means that all Polish territories
could be ceded in 1 shot if Poland has been created.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:10 pm
by NeverMan
Guy,

I attempted to cede Hamberg to Prussia and it worked. I believe that you have a corps there as Fr in our CleverDevils2 game; HOWEVER, thinking this not in the rule I reloaded the game and did not do it. This is the only time I have reloaded the game once I have opened it.

SO, maybe this needs to be reported to Marshall and should be easily replicated.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:43 pm
by gwheelock
Yah; we need to report this one so he can fix it.

(As a side note - you probably should have done Straslund .. I forgot to
put a corp in there .. which would have left it as a valid item ... its also
worth more a 1/1 vs a 0/0)

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:42 am
by NeverMan
Yes, I thought about that but at the time I thought I was at VP=7 so I didn't want to lose the PP and go down to VP=6, I, for some reason, ended up getting 6 VP anyways (I think I lost a minor to you). My mistake, besides, you would have been taking from him soon anyways.

RE: Ceding Provinces

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 am
by Jimmer
ORIGINAL: NeverMan

Guy,

I attempted to cede Hamberg to Prussia and it worked. I believe that you have a corps there as Fr in our CleverDevils2 game; HOWEVER, thinking this not in the rule I reloaded the game and did not do it. This is the only time I have reloaded the game once I have opened it.

SO, maybe this needs to be reported to Marshall and should be easily replicated.
FYI: I did NOT make the attempt with S. Pommerania. I wish I had now, so I could corroborate your findings. If I get a chance, I'll try it on an AI game.

(Guy -- Don't call me now if it's my turn just because you see I'm posting. I'm at work, not at home.)