Page 1 of 2

How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 am
by Toozasl
Hello all. just got the game and I am loving it! I spent years playing the Combat Mission series (CMBO, CMBB and CMAK) and want to see how many BFC forum and Combat Mission players are active here. Just curious. I love the campaigns and hope this series expands. Cheers!

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:41 am
by benpark
I've played it since just after the release of CMBO. Still do, although I have the ATI problems a lot of people have now. I can only play the 3 first CM games on my laptop.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:45 am
by petrus58
I still play it occasionally, but I have to dust off my old pc due to a problem with CM1 and DX10 cards.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:27 am
by Alan Sharif
I would not call myself a vet but still play Combat Mission in addition to these titles.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 am
by junk2drive
Hi tooz, glad to see you too. Are you still in the USA?

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:16 pm
by Toozasl
Yep, now in Milwaukee Junk2Drive. Hey! Where's your mods for Panzer Command?[;)]

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:19 pm
by madorosh
Had some CM scenarios published on the CMBB and CMAK special edition releases and was on the scenario design team for CMSF; was really disappointed with the direction the new CM took; less said about that the better. I have high hopes for Panzer Command carrying the ball. Have fond memories of the odd CM PBEM with Charlie Kibler, who you will know, Brian.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:43 pm
by Ratzki
Just received PCK today and have been looking it over for an hour or so. I am still playing CM but looking for something better, still have hope.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:43 am
by Toozasl
Mike, why am I not surprised to find you playing Panzer Command.[:'(] Now let's hope Matrix keeps on expanding this cool game.[:)]

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:51 pm
by madorosh
Agreed!

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm
by rickier65
not sure I'd count myself as A CM vet. I came late to the CM party, and then left about a year ago. I bought into PC:K when it was first released and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

With some of the things Stridor has done with the map maker, I'm optimistic that it will surpass CM. I tried making some SL conversions for CM but wasn't satisfied with the result. I've already done one SL conversion in PC:K and I"m working on the second right now.

As new features are added in the next release, I think it will meet folks desire for a "new improved" CM.

Rick

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 pm
by Toozasl
"I've already done one SL conversion in PC:K and I"m working on the second right now."--Rick
Cool! Where can I grab them, and...er...just how does one insert new battles/campaigns in the PCK folder?[&:]

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:35 am
by rickier65
ORIGINAL: Toozasl

"I've already done one SL conversion in PC:K and I"m working on the second right now."--Rick
Cool! Where can I grab them, and...er...just how does one insert new battles/campaigns in the PCK folder?[&:]

You can find links at this thread:
tm.asp?m=1784883

It also shows other addons for PC:K

Cougar put together some good instructions on using the mod enabler to handle PC:K stuff

The SL scenario conversion is The Capture of Balta. (SL #13 which might actually be a COI scenario). I'm not sure but perhaps one of redlegs is a SL conversion as well.

Rick

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 pm
by Toozasl
Wow! I hope I can figure this out and get these mods installed. With CM I was quite the voracious mod slut![:D]

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm
by Titanwarrior89
Still playing the CM series from the begining. Down times on them once in awhile. But still my favorite tactical game along with SPWAW. I do have panzer command but only play them once in awhile. CM came out with the editing tools from the begining but this series is doing in steps. Can get costly!
ORIGINAL: Toozasl

Hello all. just got the game and I am loving it! I spent years playing the Combat Mission series (CMBO, CMBB and CMAK) and want to see how many BFC forum and Combat Mission players are active here. Just curious. I love the campaigns and hope this series expands. Cheers!

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 am
by Mad Russian
I've done some scenario work for PC. Not getting too much into it until I can make my own maps. I've done at least one ASL conversion plus about 4 others. But since they're not on maps of my own making I'll not release them.

I guess you could call me an old CM gamer. Never spent a whole lot of time at the BFC boards but I've helped out a bit at The Proving Grounds now and again.

You're going to love PC and the differences it brings to tactical gaming vs CM Tooz. Nice to see you showing up here. More and more of the old group are playing PC.

Good Hunting.

MR

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:31 am
by Mad Russian
ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Still playing the CM series from the begining. Down times on them once in awhile. But still my favorite tactical game along with SPWAW. I do have panzer command but only play them once in awhile. CM came out with the editing tools from the begining but this series is doing in steps. Can get costly!
ORIGINAL: Toozasl

Hello all. just got the game and I am loving it! I spent years playing the Combat Mission series (CMBO, CMBB and CMAK) and want to see how many BFC forum and Combat Mission players are active here. Just curious. I love the campaigns and hope this series expands. Cheers!

I guess that depends on your perspective of costly. Yes, CM came with an editor. It also came with each game in the series being a stand alone. PC back codes every game in the series to the current level of game play. CM never did that. That made CM pretty costly to have to keep buying new games, if they had bothered to make new games that is, just to get the latest features.

Good Hunting.

MR

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:25 pm
by Kineas
I'm still playing CM since 2.5 years. Bought PCK when it came out, knowing that I would still prefer CM (and I do). I play occasionally against the AI.

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:12 am
by Toozasl
Granted there are more options and nationalities, but PCK has hooked me enough to out and get Winter Storm. I think the graphics are better but the variety is to date--limited. I hope this changes over time. The main reasons I play PC are that it is Vista compatible and I can utilize my widescreen monitor.
However, I still await Combat Mission Campaigns![8D]

RE: How many Combat mission vets here playing Panzer Command?

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 pm
by Hertston
I post over there occasionally. Haven't played the original CMs in a while, pretty much a convert to the CMSF real-time format now (heretical as that is [:D])