Page 1 of 1
Harbin and supply
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:58 pm
by Chris21wen
On day one Harbin had supply was 13K, size 6 A/F, 3 forts and an a/c factory producing Nates 26 (0). I changed the manufacture to Tojos and increased the size to 26 (12). I also set A/F and forts to expand. After 6 months supply hoved around 8K, the A/F had reached 9, forts 7 but the factory has not been repaired. I'd also moved the Kwantung HQ to Harbin.
I've now stop all expansion, moved out LCU but instaed of the supply increasing to above 10K its now fallen to 4K. Anybody any ideas?
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:00 pm
by Adnan Meshuggi
To repair your factory you burn supply.
Also, to expand your factory you burn supply.
it is no good idea to expand japanese industry to quick and you should really really really think about enlarging the numbers.
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 pm
by Mynok
You have to have at least 10k supply at the base in order for factories to repair.
Ooops...didn't read well enough. [8|]
I agree with the post below.
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:13 pm
by Uamaga
Not neccessary a good idea but I would try opposite move: bring as many divisions as needed to raise base required supply level well above 5k supply (preferably close to 10k) and supply system should take care of supplying the base in the 2*required level of supply - assuming your overall supply situation in Ch-M-K area is good enough. Bringing more aircraft may also raise reuired supply level a bit. Trying to supply via air (there used to be a few Topsy/Lilly here) may also help (but not much).
BTW I don't belive that moving Command HQs does a much help in regard of supply level (if at all) for Japanese... (for Allies, things work quite a bit dfifferent but even then I doubt they "move" existing supply)
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm
by FeurerKrieg
The quick fix is to bring in a pile of aircraft. That will push up the supply requirement. I think heavier bombers will push it up faster. As mentioned above, once you see required supply above 5K, auto supply will take care of the rest. (Provided you have enough supply on the mainland.)
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:06 am
by Chris21wen
OK I moved in some LB and now I've got enough supply.
ORIGINAL: Uamaga
BTW I don't belive that moving Command HQs does a much help in regard of supply level (if at all) for Japanese... (for Allies, things work quite a bit dfifferent but even then I doubt they "move" existing supply)
That goes against the manual. 8.1.1 states that a Command HQ will try and stock pile 25K extra supply. Anybody confirm one way or another?
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:11 am
by Nomad
It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 pm
by Yamato hugger
It is.
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:39 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Nomad
It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
I learned something today! [8D]
Now, the hard part, trying to remember it. [;)]
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:20 pm
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: Nomad
It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
It has been since the beginning of the game but supply was not forthcoming. It was not until I moved in the LBs did supply reach 10K
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 pm
by sventhebold
Now, the hard part, trying to remember it. [;)] Quote
UUgh Remember What??????
We have many threads about how to actually play this game ......maybe an Idiots guide to WITP is in order[8|][8|][8|]
My brain cells never seem to get everything right two campaigns in a row using the same plan!!!!!!!
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:41 pm
by VSWG
ORIGINAL: Nomad
It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
Never heard that before, interesting. Can you give us a source?
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm
by Nomad
whatever
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm
by VSWG
If a friendly base is in a hex with a Command HQ, the base will attempt to stockpile 25000 extra
supplies. This is in addition to whatever supplies would normally try to move to the base to meet
current and expected supply needs of the forces in the hex.
Doesn't say that the base has to be attached to that Command HQ...
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm
by Nomad
ORIGINAL: VSWG
If a friendly base is in a hex with a Command HQ, the base will attempt to stockpile 25000 extra
supplies. This is in addition to whatever supplies would normally try to move to the base to meet
current and expected supply needs of the forces in the hex.
Doesn't say that the base has to be attached to that Command HQ...
Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything.
But I do know that is the way it works for me. You can do what you want.
RE: Harbin and supply
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:20 pm
by VSWG
ORIGINAL: Nomad
Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything.
That's certainly not true...
I didn't want to pick on you, I just wanted to dig a little deeper. Your statement may be true, but I need some proof beyond personal experience before I can add such information to the List of Must Read Threads or the WitP Wiki . That's why I asked, nothing personal...
But I do know that is the way it works for me. You can do what you want.
Fair enough...