Page 1 of 1
consts.csv
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:07 am
by Uxbridge
I have been examining the contents in the scenarios files and think I have some understanding of what the different numbers do. Trying to change things in the consts.csv-file I'm running into problems, though. I change the values and save, but the changes doesn't seem to take effect. Until now I haven't tried any major changes, just tested what will happen. I changed the number of action points for Air Units for instance. But nothing happens. Is there something else one has to do? I'm changing the file in the proper scenario.
RE: consts.csv
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:15 am
by Uxbridge
While doing my tests I made a copy of the complete 1939-scenario in a different folder, saved it under a different name (let's call it "War" for convenience) and placed it back in the scenario-folder. I have since discovered that if I make changes to War's consts-csv-file nothing seems to happen, but if I change things in the original 1939-scenario those changes takes effect playing War. This seems only to be true with the consts-file, whereas every other file is modable within the War-scenario.
Can anyone of the developers confirm that a copy of the original scenario will still refer back to it's original consts-file during play?
RE: consts.csv
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:19 pm
by alaric318
ORIGINAL: Uxbridge
I have been examining the contents in the scenarios files and think I have some understanding of what the different numbers do. Trying to change things in the consts.csv-file I'm running into problems, though. I change the values and save, but the changes doesn't seem to take effect. Until now I haven't tried any major changes, just tested what will happen. I changed the number of action points for Air Units for instance. But nothing happens. Is there something else one has to do? I'm changing the file in the proper scenario.
greetings, may be some data in consts.cvs are hardcoded, as far as i know the production costs i set works fine in my modded version, so for all other changes i can confirm, in example i am not sure about the changes i made on the combat tables, as the game process it automatically, so i think i may be about some data hardcoded, can be in example the air units movement values, i do not have make changes on it, but near all changes i made on "europe '39" scenario take place as my wish, cannot be of more help, good luck with your changes,
with best regards,
murat30.