Page 1 of 1

Insufficiant Memory

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:04 pm
by CRAZY_HORSE007
I have receive a message like insufficiant memory when I try to change a plane type. Never had these message before.

Must be technical question, can anyone help me.

Thanx in advance:p

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:25 pm
by czerpak
Marc,
happened to me as well. Only way I found was to save and reload, but in PBEM it is a problem. Should be ok next turn.
Problem caused by WiR being DOS program.
Maciej

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:42 pm
by CRAZY_HORSE007
Ok Maciel, I will try that.

Have a good day.

Marc:)

insufficieny memory

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:04 pm
by mammoth_9
Hi

Read about your problem. You can air transfer the unit to an empty HQ and change airplane type there, then just transfer back.

Hope this helps.

Re: Insufficiant Memory

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:26 am
by Josans
Originally posted by CRAZY_HORSE007
I have receive a message like insufficiant memory when I try to change a plane type. Never had these message before.

Must be technical question, can anyone help me.

Thanx in advance:p
I had the same problem too. In my case was because I had the mouse driver installed . I removed and now I dont have any problem.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm
by CRAZY_HORSE007
I have resolve the problem when I uninstall one big program.

Thanks folks.

Marc

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:25 am
by mario
I tried to run Wir 3.2 on Pentium III, 128 RAM, O.S. M.E.
The game works fine, but when I use the scenario editor for changing afv in a tank div. ( no problems when I edit a bde/rgt) I get an " insufficient memory" message.
I tried to save and reload and also to change the files number in System.ini( see Microsoft knowledege database), but no results.

Any idea ?

Mario

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:44 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by mario
I tried to run Wir 3.2 on Pentium III, 128 RAM, O.S. M.E.

....

I tried to save and reload and also to change the files number in System.ini.

WIR is a DOS game, the system.ini file and the total amount of ram you have has absolutely no bearing on how the game plays in DOS mode under Windows. What you need is to get the best setup in DOS to maximize the amount of free DOS memory (the 1st 640K of ram) and in the Properties->Memory section when you right click on a DOS app desktop icon (or one in the bottom taskbar).
This ought to be a FAQ too, but it'll be hell to write. :)

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:15 pm
by mammoth_9
hello

what about reposting queries like the above on a separate thread together with the responses/ solutions ? that could serve as an FAQ ...

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:32 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by mammoth_9
what about reposting queries like the above on a separate thread together with the responses/ solutions ? that could serve as an FAQ ...

It would only be temporary though, or someone would have to constantly post to the thread to keep it positioned near the front. Otherwise it would slip off the first screen, and most newcomers, I'll bet, don't go back to real old threads, or even know *how* to get to the old threads for that matter.