Page 1 of 1

Can't Log in, reply to or post? But you see this as a guest?

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:57 pm
by Tommy
:confused:

Well, no one said progress was going to be easy!

I was getting frustrated when I couldn't get into the forum and couldn't contact anyone because I had to successfully log in first!

NEW ITEM as of 3/12/02


I'll volunteer for a while to forward trouble messages. Contact me at -

AOL IM: frasertja
email: tjabox1@adelphia.net
Click here to email me

Some tips:
  1. Kill off your old Matrix cookie
    Yes, we now know that this didn't cause the earlier problems; but it can't hurt.

    IE6 - To delete a cookie in Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options. On the General tab, click Settings, and then click View files. Select the cookie you want to delete (www.matrix.com), and then, on the File menu, click Delete. Then REBOOT your PC.
  2. Get a new login ID at
    register.php?s=&action=signup
    then wait for the email with your password.
  3. Change your password at
    member.php?action=editpassword
  4. The new ID doesn't work??
    Reset your password at:
    member.php?s=&action=lostpw
  5. Is your Post Time wacky?
    "USER CP" then "Edit Options
    Scroll to the bottom - set the time zone to your's.
    [/list=1]
    Good Luck,

    Tommy

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:03 pm
by Larry Holt
I deleted my old cookies and now I can reply!!

Thanks

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:10 pm
by Alby
test reply, seems to work now

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:18 pm
by Marc von Martial
We had a slight problem in the "registered users" settings, all working now. It wasn´t a cookie problme at all, just a misclicked option.
You should be able to reply now, if you´re registered of course ;)

Sorry guys!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:53 am
by Bing
I had to log on, with the password given to me some time ago. Went smooth as silk, no problem logging on and I can replaiy to posts. Lookin' good.

Bing

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:01 am
by Bing
Unh-oh. Look at those posting times - they are valid for Iceland maybe, but not US EST zone.

I think (-) 0400 would be Iceland - it isn't UK, which is (-) 0500 hours. I know because a friend lives there and he tells me about such things.

What the heck, we're back and it feels GOOD!!!


Bing

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:02 am
by Tommy
Bing

See the NEW ITEM at the top

Tommy

Testing Reply

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 10:26 am
by Kanon Fodder
I didn't delete cookies, just logged in

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:11 pm
by Tommy
Marc,

Do you want to start a new, temp forum "How to operate this new Forum"? Put this thread in there and add a link to it in your "Top of the List" announcement thread.

There seem to be so many new toys to play with here we'll be dinking with it for a while.

Tommy