Page 1 of 1
Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:44 pm
by Brady
???

RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:53 pm
by AW1Steve
WAG---Japanese Army gun crew serving a captured British 25 pounder? As I said , a WAG.[&:]
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:45 pm
by Knavey
"Wow, I sure we had something that could shoot like this!" - guy on the right
"We are doomed." - guy sitting down
"Macarena!" - guy on the left
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:46 pm
by Knavey
And once again, I add nothing constructive to this forum! [:D]
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:49 pm
by LargeSlowTarget
Pistol Pete?
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 pm
by Local Yokel
Judging by the extension of the gun shield over the wheels I would say that this is a 105mm Gun Type 92.
Knavey, you don't give yourself the credit to which you're entitled, but one of your "OMG this game is so fubar" posts is now long overdue![;)]
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 pm
by Knavey
I have noticed an influx of new faces...[:D]
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:05 pm
by Reg
ORIGINAL: Local Yokel
Knavey, you don't give yourself the credit to which you're entitled, but one of your "OMG this game is so fubar" posts is now long overdue![;)]
Now you've gone and blown his cover.... [:)]
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!..."

RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:23 am
by Reg
Getting back on topic, that is definitely not a 25lb'er.
In fact I doubt it is a 105mmm tube either. I would be putting money on something more likely to be in the 155mm class.
Unfortunately I'm no expert in Imperial artillery so over to you guys......
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:14 am
by m10bob
Type 14 10cm Cannon
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:10 pm
by Thesix
It looks like a Schneider gun. Maybe a 105 L or a 120 L. [&:]
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:35 pm
by Brady
It is,Type 96 15cm Howitzer.
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:16 am
by Knavey
Oh...you wanted to know what the GUN was? I thought you wanted to know what the soldiers were doing!
Bah!
RE: Name This AE...81
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:08 am
by Jaroen
A helpfull source on Japanese (army) artillery and arms is:
http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/
Also helpfull and a good start but with less pictures is of course:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ja ... rld_War_II