Page 1 of 2

Lost Victories

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:29 am
by Grenadier
The patch is is just about done. To make up for having to start it over to get the proper scoring for the core force, some changes and enhancements have been made. The storyline is more personalized and some of the historical background material has been redone, adding more to the node description. Here is an example

For Node 2
Hauptmann Vebber sat in the ruins of a frontier bunker with his adjutant, Oberleutnant Wirth and the commander of his 1st Platoon, Leutnant Baumann. "So you didn't get your feet wet, Baumann?" Wirth made the joke sound fresh and new which both Vebber and Baumann knew it wasn't. "Ja, Wirth. I stayed dry again, just like at the Meuse. These Ivans are no different than the French, they don't know how to keep you from getting across" "Gentlemen". Vebber started.and both Baumann and Wirth turned to pay attention to their leader. "I have to make a decision -Our company has been successful in establishing a bridgehead across the San River and construction has begun on a pontoon bridge for the rest of the kampfgruppe and 457 Infantry Regiment to get across the river. Heidrich reports that it seems clear all the way to the castle and the town of Oleszyce but we haven't seen any real opposition yet, except for the frontier pickets and NKVD frontier troops. Our objective now is to expand the bridgehead and capture the town of Oleszyce which is a mile beyond the river. There is a Soviet Army NCO school and the castle near the town and the quicker they are taken the less chance of the Ivans to recover from the shock of our attack and organize resistance." Vebber paused to let the importance of what he would say next have a greater impact

"I can choose to wait 2 hours until the bridge is completed and the rest of the kampfgruppe and the 190 StuG Abtielung is across the river before advancing or we can continue now. Baumann, how are your men?" "They are ready, herr hauptmann. Steiner and Schnurrbart are the most forward and there is no enemy in front of the stream. Schnurrbart has the castle in sight. I say we go now". Wirth rubbed his cheek thoughtfully and spoke softly. "There may be tanks coming from the same place as those armored cars. Our AT rifles may not be enough. The castle is fortified and the Sturmgeschutzes and infantry guns will make taking it easier. The kompanie is somewhat scattered. We would do better if we are able to concentrate it." "All valid points, Wirth" Vebber spoke slowly, as if each word was a sentence. "Go back to your positions, Baumann." Baumann saluted and steped out of the bunker. " Wirth, give me a minute here" " Ja, herr Hauptmann".

There are other changes to take advantage of the features of 7.1 so overall, it will play differently and it will be a different experience, even if you have already played it

Sounds Good!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:31 am
by Wild Bill
Good! Sounds good, Grenadier! The MCNA and MC-W patch will also be made available at the same time. Both of these are very small patches, correcting a couple of NA scenarios (including Malta), the appearance of landed aircraft and also one very hard to win scenario that is now much more winnable.

Keep watching for them!

Wild Bill

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:42 am
by tracer
Thanks Brent. Appreciate the long hours you and the team are putting into this.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:17 pm
by Supervisor
Thanks for the update Brent, many have been waiting patiently for its repair and I'm sure they will be very pleased and appreciative.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:29 pm
by Larry Holt
Brent, I really like the more personal approach.

I would like to say how historical I find LV. That is to say, it includes all the hopeless elements that the Germans really had to face (I've just killed 4 companies and fresh infantry is still appearing, how do you kill those big KV beasts, etc.) yet it has lots of really fun exploitation scenarios where you can let your armor run wild. The game really is true to the historical accounts that I have read while still being a fun game.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:09 pm
by skukko
uh..erh... what? Is patch out soon? :D

nice update for site ;)

mosh

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:40 am
by Bing
This means I start MCLV all over again from the beginning? Same as I have done three times already? Whatever you say. I will consider it a moral victory if I ever get beyond the fourth battle.

Bng

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:16 pm
by Don Doom
Originally posted by Bing
This means I start MCLV all over again from the beginning? Same as I have done three times already? Whatever you say. I will consider it a moral victory if I ever get beyond the fourth battle.

Bng
After you get pass the fourth battle, you might wish you had not gone beyond the fourth battle.;)

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:18 am
by skukko
I am also waiting for these MCs to be patced before actually starting to play them. But instead of waiting I've updated scenarios. my background image in windows98 is spwaw screencapture from editors first screen. So I see it all the time. I don't use anymore meters, I use hexes in reallife. And KVs are easy to take out unless you meet them in open.

mosh :D

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:36 am
by Tiger
Originally posted by Don Doom


After you get pass the fourth battle, you might wish you had not gone beyond the fourth battle.;)
Hehe, you said a mouthful there, brother......If I'm not a babbling idiot after the next couple of rounds I'll.....nevermind:D

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:27 am
by Figmo
Originally posted by skukko
..... I don't use anymore meters, I use hexes in reallife....

mosh :D
Now that's over the edge - Cool - I'm not alone. Do you look at mountains or road intersections and think - that's a good place for a machine gun nest?

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:03 pm
by skukko
Do you look at mountains or road intersections and think - that's a good place for a machine gun nest? --Figmo

Oh yes :D I've done it years already :D

mosh

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:55 pm
by Don Doom
Originally posted by Figmo


Now that's over the edge - Cool - I'm not alone. Do you look at mountains or road intersections and think - that's a good place for a machine gun nest?
Yeh, have you started to look at places in town or at the mall and start thinking of good tank ambush places or would be a good AT site with good MG cover zones

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:11 pm
by Tiger
Originally posted by Don Doom


Yeh, have you started to look at places in town or at the mall and start thinking of good tank ambush places or would be a good AT site with good MG cover zones
I do it in my own BACKYARD at least once a month. There's a road running about 110-120 meters behind my house..perfect ambush site. Great fields of fire for a MG on the top floor of my house, small wooded areas line the road, perfect spot for an AT crew.....

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:50 am
by BigDuke66
When do we get those patches, already this weekend???

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 3:10 am
by Sgt Popov
Thanks!! I love the LV I have been able to play so far, and I cant wait on the patch, so I can get past the point I am at now. I do realize I will have to start at the beginning of the campaign again, but it will be fun:D Any idea when it will be released?

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:57 am
by Supervisor
We're shooting for this weekend, so keep your finger crossed.

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:24 pm
by skukko
Patch? soon... I have thought many times that now they are released, but then nothing... ok, servers and site gave us extra week to do patch so now we are about done. We did more than we thought at first, so lets waite ;) Its worth of it :D

mosh

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:49 pm
by Sgt Popov
Awesome! Thanks for your response, Gmenfan-whatta moderator.
Will this patch fix crashing to desktop as well?

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:31 pm
by BigDuke66
At the time we get the patches will we also get the official 7.1 ???
Would like to start again with patches and a new version.