Page 1 of 1

Mine Laying

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 am
by ctid98

Not looked at the forums in a long while so don't know if this has been posted before, but is there a problem/solution/fix to mine laying??? I send the ML's out full of mines and they don't do a thing, they just sail to the point on the map and return with their mines.

HELP!!!!

RE: Mine Laying

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:13 pm
by khyberbill
You have to set the TF to Lay Mines" from "Do Not Lay Mines" which is the default setting.

RE: Mine Laying

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 pm
by Charbroiled
Make sure you have the latest version (1.806). The option for the setting "Lay Mines" was introduced through a patch and was not part of the original release.

Also, make sure that the MLs are actually "full of mines". You can only refill the MLs at a size 9 port, or a port (size 3 or better IIRC) with a MLE.

RE: Mine Laying

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 am
by ctid98

Got the latest patch, full of mines and sure I've tired the lay mines toggle, however I'll give it a go just in case. If I'm the only one having issues I guess that could be it!

Thanks

RE: Mine Laying

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:56 pm
by Quixote
Ctid,
If that didn't work, you may want to try just creating a new task force. For whatever reason, sometimes you get transport TFs that refuse to transport, bombardment groups that refuse to bombard, and mine laying TFs that won't lay mines. I've always gotten around this by just creating a new TF and putting all the ships from the stubborn TF in there, and voila, they now decide to accept their mission. No idea why, but that's the only thing that's worked for me on some occasions. Good luck - Alex.

RE: Mine Laying

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:59 pm
by Arkain
also it is important to set "retierment on" if i select "patrol" they want lay mines.