Page 1 of 1

Anybody want to see Lehr at Omaha on June 7th?

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:13 am
by M4Jess
Almost done, could use 2 play testers please...

June 7, 1944 Omaha Beach is clear...almost..

This scenario is a "what if" Rommel had his way and the panzers were close to the beach.

American set up is based on "D-Day" by Stephen Ambrose
(pg.#464-465 map)

American reinforcements are per Talon Softs June 7th AM turn "The Operational Art Of War, Wargame of the Year" , Overlord scenario.

German set up is based on Alalon Hills "The Longest Day"
(as no one really knows the whereabouts of the remaining units of the 352nd and 716th I have used my own gaming history to place these units, oh, I also added OST units as well as a cool mini
group from 21 Panzer)

German Reinforcements are "LEHR!"
Panzer Division 130 Lehr was the largest and most powerful German unit in Normandy on June 6th. All of it PzGr units were fully tracked, it had a full strength Pz Reg of MkIVs and Panthers, The PzAufk (recon) was well loaded with extra men and eq. The PzRg 130 HQ had an entire company of mix'd Tigers, King Tigers, and JgPanthers. The PzFlak was loded with 88's and SP-FlakPz's,
The only unit in the entire division that was not mech. was the Arty Reg 130, which used all capt. Russian 122mm and 152mm towed guns.

Map: By Drake, (I used the Omaga scenario Map that shows damage to the beach, and added a little damage to the area myself, I also deleted a few hedge's so the AI would not run all over the place.

so.... try and hold back the the mighty Lehr, or Chase the American's right back into the Channel...the choice is yours...


This just might be cool.. so 2 die-hards are needed for playtest please...


Thoughts?''''''''''''''''''''''''''''........................


M4 Jess
:rolleyes:

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:18 am
by M4Jess
Sorry...Thats "Omaha" beach by Drake!!!

:eek:

Lehr at omaha

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:16 am
by oldrocky
I'd like to try your scen. Would you send your recent 3pack also?

oldrocky@homernet.net

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:48 am
by tracer
Sounds great...please send me the files. jimnsb@cfl.rr.com
I'll be sure to send you the final numbers.

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:44 am
by LeibstandartePzD
I'd like to take a stab at it. Send me LEHR!!

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:50 am
by M4Jess
Okay Gents!

on the way!! and thank you!! 2 copies (Allied) and (German)
please send reports to M4A376L@AOL.COM

My personal play test shows the Germans are way-FUN!!:p

M4

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:41 am
by chief
M4jess: just finished quite a few happy hours fighting the Lehr at Omaha, rec'd a ?victory, the Lehr is definitely NO MO, took 15 turns to break and 12 additional turns to end. Loved it and I was happier when I installed 7.1 vice 7.0. Thank you mucho guy. Now on to Russian Steel for the second time.:) :D :cool: