Page 1 of 1

ITALIAN OOBs POST 1943

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:51 pm
by francosl
Hello everybody.
I have found a problem when playing "battles" involving the Italians after 1943.
If I leave the computer creating the Italian OOB, it picks units from both the Southern kingdom (sided with the Allies) and the Northern social republic (sided with the Germans).
This makes the resulting battle not too much accurate from the historical point of view...

Has anybody else managed the same situation?
Does a solution exist?
Thanks
francosl

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:46 am
by LeibstandartePzD
francosl,

I believe given the limitations of the OOB files there is no solution to this problem. As far as I know the only way to get around this would be to have two seperate Italian OOB files which would then cause some big problems for the rest of the game and scenarios, campaigns, etc. So again I'm sorry to say you probably just have to live with it.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:16 am
by Redleg
One thing I have done in the past is purchase for the computer in random battles.... used the computer deploy so I didn't know where things would be. If you want to try this, use Human Purchase, Computer deploy. Worked for me.

It is interesting to watch how the computer deploys certain formations such as AT guns, motorised infantry.... even on-board artillery. But with care, I have found the AI can put up a good fight with human-selected forces. Don't purchase ammo supply for on-board artillery.