Page 1 of 1

Setting firing range for units or fire discipline

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2000 3:15 am
by JimY
I set a range for my units to fire, say 15. However, when an enemy unit fires at them, say from 25, my unit range setting automatically changes to 25. Even in enemy's turn this happens and my units waste their ammo by firing ineffectively at long ranges contrary to my range settings. Is this a matter of experience rating of units.
I noticed this while playing the British in the "Bleimheim Strongpoint scenario."

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2000 4:23 am
by Redleg
I think you'll find that the program now will fire back when fired upon regardless of what you have set for rang. This is so they can't get eaten alive without trying to defend themselves.

At first, I didn't like this but now I have gotten used to it and it seems ok to me.
Blenheim was a scenario in which it was at least as critical as any scenario I've played. Most of the time, it isn't such a big deal.

Have fun with Blenheim - I liked that scenario very much.
Redleg