Page 1 of 1

Hello all!

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:35 am
by KDiggity
Hi there everybody,

I'm returning after almost a year to SPWAW. I used to hang out here in limited capacity, but now that I've downloaded it again, I figure I'll be here pretty often :) .

I am consistantly amazed at the amount of detail and information that is contained within the game! Playing it is an educational experience.

After one mission, I've learned that I probably wouldn't have been given control over anything more than a potato peeler in WWII! ;)

I'm gonna have to go print out that manual and get to studying, along with the tutorials. Are there any other guides to tactics around? I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

One last thing- I remember playing a PBEM game that was fun as hell. Is there any sort of formal list or something where I can find opponents, or should I just post challenges on here? (I seem to remember a lot of people jumping to 'help' out what they called 'fresh meat' ;))

Thanks!

Kieran

Welcome New old fresh meat.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:43 pm
by Don Doom
For email games just post here on this forum or when militarygamer go to the [gamernet?] to look for on-line and e-mail victim's.:D
Now that I have finished with LV I can get back to my email games.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 4:25 pm
by laurentsx
hi KDiggity
I'm gonna have to go print out that manual and get to studying, along with the tutorials. Are there any other guides to tactics around? I'm gonna need all the help I can get!


http://members01.chello.se/brickhouse/spstrategy.html

you might want to take al look at this strategy and tactics primer

laurentsx

primer

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:46 pm
by robot
Altough long to read this primer has lots of info. Suggest newbies and any one who needs help with stratagy for sp read. Very informative thanx for posting link have on my favorites list

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:37 pm
by KDiggity
Thanks for that link!

I'm printing it out right now. It looks very comprehensive, just what I was looking for..

Hopefully after some offline play, I'll be ready to take on the big dogs! :eek:

Kieran