Page 1 of 1

New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 pm
by tweber
I uploaded Diplomacy II, a new version of the scenario, to the sandbox. I have balanced this scenario so it is hard for a player to run away with the game since R&D is now sharable and conquered production centers are much less effective. I have also made it possible for players to switch a side between AI and human control. This should make for better multiplayer play since a player who cannot play can either switch his side to AI or have someone do it for him. Here is the scenario description:

Diplomacy II


Diplomacy II is a multiplayer game set in Europe. Each side starts with the same military and resources. Use guile and good tactics to control 2/3rds of the VP to win. Several improvements have been made to improve multiplayer play and balance the game:

1. There are now 2 peoples – universals and occupied peoples. The people of a location are originally universals. If another power occupies the location, the people switch to ‘occupied peoples’. Occupied people produce at 1/4th the normal rate and fight at 50% effectiveness. If the original power re-conquers the location, the people become universals again
2. Players can set other regimes to AI or back to human play. This allows the game to continue if a player cannot play for a while. Also, a player can set their regime to be controlled by the AI. Another player would have to undo this. Setting control to AI and back is accomplished through action cards. Note that once a player has less than 3 VP, they are automatically set to AI. Players can also join a regime, though their territories become ‘occupied’. Once this occurs, the original player is out of the game unless liberated.
3. Players can give PP and share their R&D with other players. They can sabotage regimes (results in loss of readiness) and align AI regimes against players (causes AI regimes to declare war on the targeted regime.
4. Players can build units normally or through action cards. Action card units arrive at the capital or shipwharf (for ships).
5. Players can also ‘liberate’ a regime. When a regime is liberated, any original hex of the target regime that the liberating player holds goes back to the liberated regime. (e.g., France initially holds Amsterdam. If Germany captures, they can give this back to France through liberation)

RE: New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm
by Grymme
Looks great.
 
small remark. The city of Tripoli isnt aligned to any HQ at the start of the game.
 
Also. Something that would be fun in this scenario would be if a variant could be made with sleeping minor (AI) countries that could be declared war upon by paying some PP.

RE: New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 pm
by tweber
Thanks for the catch.
 
In the scenario, there is no sleeping regime, just regimes controlled by the AI or by human players.  You can declare war on any regime.  You can also pay pp to influence all AIs to declare war on a human player. 

RE: New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 pm
by Arditi
Cool!

RE: New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:20 am
by wolf4
Hi tweber

Just a simple question. Where can I upload Diplomacy 2?

This is Diplomacy 2 for Advanced Tactics I assume.

Thanks, wolf4. [&o]

Sorry tweber, I just found out where Diplomacy 2 was located. Now don't I feel like a fool. Now I know where the sandbox is!

wolf4

RE: New Diplomacy Scenario

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:59 am
by wolf4
Sorry, I'm making a mash up with all these buttons. Didn't want to write another message; I wanted to delete this message but I can't!

Oh well!

wolf4