Page 1 of 1
Lehr at Omaha ready to go!!
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:09 pm
by M4Jess
June 7, 1944 Omaha Beach is clear...almost..*
*
This scenario is a "what if" Rommel had his way and the panzers were close to the beach.
*
Play either side, great 2-player scenario!
*
American set up is based on "D-Day" by Stephen Ambrose
(pg.#464-465 map)
*
American reinforcements are per Talon Softs June 7th AM turn "The Operational Art Of War, Wargame of the Year" , Overlord scenario.
*
German set up is based on Avalon Hills "The Longest Day"
*
(as no one really knows the whereabouts of the remaining units of the 352nd and 716th I have used my own gaming history to place these units, oh, I also added OST units as well as a cool mini group from 21 Panzer)
*
German Reinforcements are "LEHR!"
Panzer Division 130 Lehr was the largest and most powerful German unit in Normandy on June 6th. All of it PzGr units were fully tracked, it had a full strength Pz Reg of MkIVs and Panthers, The PzAufk (recon) was well loaded with extra men and eq. The PzRg 130 HQ had an entire company of mix'd Tigers, King Tigers, and JgPanthers. The PzFlak was loded with 88's and SP-FlakPz's,
The only unit in the entire division that was not mech. was the Arty Reg 130, which used all capt. Russian 122mm and 152mm towed guns.
*
Map: By Drake, (I used the Omaha scenario Map that shows damage to the beach, and added a little damage to the area myself, I also deleted a few hedge's.
*
Try and hold back the the mighty Lehr,*
or Chase the American's right back into the Channel...*
the choice is yours...*
*
M4 Jess
Download here! (I just realized I could attach here,Duh)

:rolleyes: :p

If that does not work..E-mail me for scenario
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:15 pm
by M4Jess
Ok...lets try this again..
If not please e-mail me at
M4A376L@AOL.com
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:32 pm
by M4Jess
Last Bump
Great 2 player also!
M4
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:18 pm
by scimitar
Worked fine downloading with your attachment, M4! Thanks a lot for this scen.
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:43 pm
by chief
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:20 am
by Marc von Martial
Just played the first few rounds, instant action as I like it

. Looks promising and fun.
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:38 am
by LeibstandartePzD
Just started this one last night. Only had time for a few turns but let me tell you it's a winner! Highly recommended!
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:23 pm
by Karnaaj
Wheee! I did my usual "AI vs. AI" preview (until it crashed - 7.0, around turn 15, IIRC), and then spent most of Sunday slapping the Yankee invasion around. The ex-French tracks with the 21st punched west quickly, and are currently shelling LSTs. The southernmost forces managed to sneak nearly to the ammo dump, but while supporting a small (and doomed <G>) force trying for the victory location at the crossroads, got slammed by the SPA. ("What?!? And how the hell cold they miss seeing *that*?") The center is a meatgrinder, but Panthers and halftracks finally got through - wiped the ammo dump, most of the infantry, and are going to town on the LSTs. (Mental note - do *not* send the halftracks to shoot boats; all those 20mm and 40mm cannons will bloody *vapourise* 'em.)
In other words, it's great fun! And the Tiger IIs have just entered the map, so... <heheheh> this time, Omaha fails!
Next time as Americans... and it's not gonna be easy...
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:53 am
by Karnaaj
Originally posted by Karnaaj
[Next time as Americans... and it's not gonna be easy... [/B]
Hmmm. Maybe I should play with the defalt settings... it wasn't as blatant a blowout as the German vs. AI Yanks, where the Americans were massacred, but the score *numbers* were incredibly lopsided. (AI Americans: draw, 19652 US - draw, 35286 Ger; AI Germans: decisive victory, 41698 US - crushing defeat, 7641 Ger.) 4:1 infantry losses, and other horrible statistics - unit BB3, 745th Ind Tank, killed PzJg 130 Lehr - a 37mm M6 gun did in a Tiger II! (Admittedly, from the back, after it had been infantry-assaulted a half-dozen times to no effect, with three shots, but *still*... <G>) When the game ended, the last reinforcements were making a nice wide sweep to flank the blocking units - two more rounds, and they'd've been playing Panzers and Dogfaces in the towns, where there were a goodly number of infantry left.
This is a cool little action to play with, tho. I should see if I can find an opponent at the local gaming convention next month.
Oh, I also patched to 7.1 and the corrected US OOB before playing; I know I saw a post that some extra US units appeared when someone else patched, but I dunno.
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:22 pm
by M4Jess
Thanks Karnaaj !!
I am playing my friend Don this weekend.. I as the Americans

and he as Lehr

I feel i am going to have a long weekend indeed...
Start the coffee! grab the jim-beam.. Im gonna need it!
:rolleyes:
M4
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:51 pm
by M4Jess
bump
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:19 pm
by Belisarius
Thanks for bumping!
Missed this one first time around... now it's downloaded all nice and easy.

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:24 pm
by M4Jess
I am playing my friend Don this weekend.. I as the Americans
well that was a few months ago now.. I wont tell how it happened..but I will say Lehr is a motha and if you plan on playing as a two player game..the best player should take the........................................................................................
M4 Jess
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:07 am
by Bing
I missed this one, thanks for bumping it up to the surface. Downloaded and kicked the tiresk, cranked the engine and turned on the radio. This one looks like its gonna be great - I think we will start a PBEM game.
The ahistroical what-if is indeed fasinating. One of the unaswered biggies of WW2. I like it for a couple reasons, first of which is its the US vs Germans - for a time I thought only scenarios in Eastern Europe were allowed.
Next, it is not the Ardennes and there is no @#$%^&* snow - we get an average of 180" snow per winter where I live. Once it melts I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE WHITE JUNK AGAIN FOR ANOTHER FOUR MONTHS. Neither do I particularly like the can't-see-your-hand-in-front-of-your-face jungle setup. I like lawn parties, where you can actually see something across the street and can shoot at something that is more than twenty feet away from you.
Besides, it has FO's. With decent arty ratings, which these days is a rarity.
Bing
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:23 am
by M4Jess
Bing!! thanks!!
If you do play this please...PLEASE.. post battle reports on the opponents wanted forum! I feel it would make for some great reading!
Good Luck!
M4 Jess