Page 1 of 1
OK lets see who really counts and what the facts truely are
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:03 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Mentioned I would post it in the open and this is it.
Matrix we need to stand up and be counted in many ways.
How about a survey that we can all fill out.
A comprehensive listing of what we play why we play it what we like what we hate what we want what we dont want.
Some cold hard facts as it were.
In that way we can see how many are known to be playing what, and what we have no interest in playing.
I am a Steel Panthers player, but why settle for just it. The site obviously hosts many games. I am sure this must have occurred to others but I have not seen it yet myself.
If Matrix truely wants to make money this would be a good way to find out who is going to give it to ya and for what.
In that way we can edit out the fond fuzzy comments and settle for cold harsh realities.
If personally requested i might take a stab at making your form to fill out. But I know next to nothing beyond typing on my word processor eh. but I have a lot of time and would do it just cause I might like to help. ASssuming that this notion means didly to anyone.
I Agree
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:57 am
by VictorH
Great Idea!!! I would complete such a survey. Maybe Matrix can sweeten the pot by offering a prize to each person who completes a survey.
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:58 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Nah I dont want a prize....Ok maybe a promotion from veteran, that would do it for me.
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:54 pm
by Big Bill
Sounds interesting, lets do it!
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:11 pm
by Paul Vebber
IF you would like to gen up some proposed questions, we can look them over. No promises - we are sort of up to our you know where's in alligators rght now...but the idea has merit.
Thanks Les!
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:32 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Paul look for a test document to be sent to you (will send it private not as a post)
I will see what I an cobble together today and see what your thoughts of it are
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:33 am
by tracer
Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Nah I dont want a prize....Ok maybe a promotion from veteran, that would do it for me.
Les,
If you hit 'user cp' above, and then 'edit profile', you can change your title to whatever you want.
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:44 pm
by Ron Saueracker
good idea
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:14 pm
by Jody
Fantastic Idea Les,
It would give the guys at Matrix a fantastic way to see what we all want They could even put it on the Store and if you buy you can fill it out.
I will volunteer I have the first 2 Mega Campaign and I nearly have the rest saved up for WathchTower.
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:56 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Well I emailed Paul what I hope is a good first effort at a good survey document
I can only hope that it arrives in something less than a mangled state heheh.
Composed it in Word XP sent it to a standard text file then copy and pasted from the text window into a window such as this to email to him.
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:39 am
by Brigz
I'll stand and be counted too. I think a good survey of what's what and who's who will be good for everyone. So Matrix guys, here's another gamer that would like to see this happen.
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:54 am
by Paul Vebber
I got it - give me a few days to think about the best way to distribute it. A series of polls on the forum? Emails are uick, but can torque folks off... An attachment to a message? Then there is finding a way to automate the results, if one actually gets a good response, it could be quite a job to compile the data.
Thoughts? Buehler, Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:28 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Just wished I new as much about web stuff as I do about nuclear physics Paul.
Hmmmm wait a minute, I don't actually now that much about web stuff heheh.
I think my limit was compiling the various questions which I hope were comprehensive enough.
Surely though the site must have at least one individual that knows how to create a web page that allows a fill in the blanks capacity (which is all that survey would require).
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:15 pm
by Paul Vebber
You have surely done your part Les!
We will see what we can do!
Thanks again for the input!
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:59 pm
by Jody
Hey Paul,
I would be happy to lend a hand compiling the results I have a bit of experience with Excel and it is the least I can do to help you very busy Guys. So please keep me in mind If you need a hand it would really be no trouble at all and it would take a load off some others that can be doing the exciting things.
Jody