Page 1 of 1

Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:19 am
by Tupolev
Playing CHS 155, all control zones set to 'human'. In fact, I don't even recall going into the control zone screen... this is a PBEM game.

I get new air units arriving that seem to be under comp control. I can manually click on the lower-left and set it back to 'human' but was wondering if this is normal in the first place.

Screenie attached.

Image

RE: Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 am
by Yamato hugger
Never seen it before. Check your subs. If you played a historical first turn, I believe your subs start under computer control. And once the computer has control of 1 thing it spreads like a virus.

RE: Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 am
by Tupolev
ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Never seen it before. Check your subs. If you played a historical first turn, I believe your subs start under computer control. And once the computer has control of 1 thing it spreads like a virus.

Nope, first turn was non-historical. All subs are fine. Weird, huh?

RE: Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm
by Shark7
Just make sure to check it on all arriving groups.  You can at least change the control back to human, you just might not catch it in time to prevent the AI from doing something stupid with them (which is usually the first thing the AI does).

RE: Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:47 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Perhaps in this case the AI couldn't simply control itself given the really snazzy paint job on your planes.

RE: Air unit reinforcements arrive under computer control?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:56 pm
by Mobeer
I've had the same thing happen for US squadrons in a stock game. Easy to fix, so long as you notice the unit arrive.