Page 1 of 1
Thank You
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:08 pm
by sabre1
I just wanted to thank everyone formally (at least as formally as I can on a forum);
I was frustrated with learning the game, and it happens easily for me, but you guys stuck with it and answered all my questions without any sarcasm or animosity. "You" did it quickly, and in a timely manner since I was playing and reading at the same time. You increased my enjoyment of the game 10 fold and I appreciate the time you spent and the respect you gave me by helping.
I will quit now complaining about the manual, because I'm sure Vic is tired of hearing about it. Great game Vic, thank you too.
Thanks guys. It's just practice and patience now, you got me over the hump.
Sabre1
RE: Thank You
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 pm
by Barthheart
It is a great bunch on this game forum.... typical for Matrix in general I think.[&o]
Glad you stuck with it and are having fun. Maybe you can convince JD to try again! [:D]
Anytime you want to try a PBEM game just ask. It's also a great way to learn the game.[8D]
RE: Thank You
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 pm
by Vic
Actually making a better manual is high on my agenda for a next release.
happy gaming!
RE: Thank You
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:12 am
by Joshuatree
Glad you like the game, and we could be of help. Ofcourse, now you owe us an AAR [:D]
RE: Thank You
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:27 pm
by Grymme
How is it going with the game Sabre1? Hope you like it. Once you get over the hump it just gets better and better. I have played it for a year and am still discovering new things (although mostly in the editor nowadays).
RE: Thank You
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:45 pm
by sabre1
Playing the North Africa scenario currently, and some random shrouded games. I still haven't gotten into the naval thing yet. I just keep telling myself about what Jeffery said, cargo ships equals trucks when I finally tackle naval operations.
It is a very nice system, and I do not regret my purchase, but I doubt we will get JD back into it. [;)]
The AI currently is plenty tough, [8|] but I never said I was good at these games, I just enjoy futzing around with them, learning some history, playing the "what if this happened stuff." [8D]
Thanks for asking Grymme.
RE: Thank You
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 pm
by Widell
ORIGINAL: Vic
Actually making a better manual is high on my agenda for a next release.
happy gaming!
Let us know if you need help with anything. I guess there are quite a few guys out there that are knowledgeable enough to at least provide the text updates...
RE: Thank You
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:02 pm
by rasnell
I also bought this game through the holiday special price. I am still learning and got great help here on the forums. I am amazed at how well the random scenario generator works. So many different ways you can tweak to make this very competitive. I love where you have no idea what your plan or strategy will be -- versus the historic scenarios. The random game requires a different strategy based on every random map. Wonderful. And once you understand the basics, it works for every game.