Page 1 of 2
Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:18 am
by Dan Bozza
Guys,
Been a long time since I've posted here, mostly a lurker these days.
I have a bunch of old wargames collecting dust - I could use the money right now to fund my other hobbies.
Anyway, before I throw these on EBay, I thought I'd give you folks a crack if you were interested. Most of the games were played seldom (if at all), a few were played frequently. All components are accounted for, the boards/maps are in excellent shape except where noted. I haven't decided on specific prices, but I'm willing to negotiate. As it is late I am just posting the names for now, I will put in more details this week. If you have questions about a specific game I will be happy to answer.
There are also a few games missing from this list, as I have to check their condition.
Victory games:
2nd Fleet
3rd Fleet
5th Fleet
6th Fleet
7th Fleet
Aegean Strike
Pacific War
Open Fire
Ambush!
Ambush! Purple heart
Ambush! Move Out!
Ambush! Silver Star
Avalon Hill:
Tobruk
Russian Front
MBT
Tac Air
G.I. Anvil of Victory
Luftwaffe
PanzerBlitz
Panzer Leader (2 copies)
Advance Squad Leader Rules Binder
ASL - Yanks
ASL - Beyond Valor
ASL - West Of Alamein
ASL - Paratrooper
ASL - Hollow Legions
ASL - Partisan!
SPI:
World War II
Onslaught
Australian Design Group:
World In Flames (4th Edition)
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:54 am
by MikeBrough
Dan, once upon a time I had every one of those games in my collection. Then I left home and my brother sold them - every one. My only solace was that the market then wasn't what it is now - I think he got around a hundred quid. B@st@rd.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 am
by GJK
Dan, what would you want for the bundle of ASL items? I assume that they're probably 1st edition (older, original Avalon Hill) stuff-?
I also may have an interest in your Russian Front game.
Of those, are they punched, unpunched?
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 am
by Twotribes
I would be interested in Tobruk.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm
by Grymme
I might go for SPI WWII. Is it ETO? You can PM me about prize etc.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 pm
by Dan Bozza
Not sure what edition the ASL stuff is - the Rules binder is dated 1985 - it includes rules sections for Infantry and the basic game, Ordinance and OBA, Terrain, Vehicles, Miscellaneous, North Africa, Design Your Own, Deluxe ASL, Squad Leader Training Manual, and the Armory for the modules listed in the original post. The outside of the boxes are a bit worn, but all the maps/overlays and counters are in excellent shape. Everything is punched except for Anvil - (I bought it for the mapboards). I can provide some pics if you like. Feel free to make me an offer, I'm flexible, esp. if you'll take the whole set.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:16 am
by Knavey
Did you steal the old collection that was in my parents garage after I moved out. Sure looks familiar! Feinder and I had a lot of those games growing up, but they just disappeared over the years after we left home. Oh well.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:36 am
by Dan Bozza
No, I paid full price for all those games throughout the 80's.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 pm
by GJK
Dan - message sent via the site here with an offer for the ASL stuff.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 pm
by leastonh1
Hi Dan,
I'd be interested in the three Ambush expansions. Would you be prepared to post them to the UK? Do you have a price in mind for them?
Cheers,
Jim
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 pm
by Dan Bozza
GKJ, I also sent you a PM - I didn't receive anything from you. [&:]
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 am
by GJK
Sent that again just now Dan -
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:31 am
by panzers
ORIGINAL: Grymme
I might go for SPI WWII. Is it ETO? You can PM me about prize etc.
Grymme: where you from. I have two copies of that game and I have been desparately looking for players for over 10 years now
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:15 pm
by E
If you sell any ASL to GJK, you're enabling his addiction. *grin*
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 pm
by 105mm Howitzer
Hi, how much for Luftwaffe, Tac Air, WW2 ( SPI) ? PLease incl. postage. ( postal code h7g in Laval, Quebec, Canada...Thanks a bunch.

)
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:01 pm
by Grymme
Panzers: From Sweden. So a live game might be difficult

A tip. Have you tried AT-World war II. The best strategic WWII scenario since sliced bread. Strike that. The best game since donkey kong.
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:55 pm
by simnettpratt
I am also interested in the three Ambush expansions; loved that game in the 80s. I am in Dallas TX; emigrated here from Colchester in 1975. Jim_H, I guess internet etiquette says you have first dibs, though, but I'd sure love them also

RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 pm
by leastonh1
simnettpratt - Thanks for the courtesy, but I didn't get a reply to my post, so go for it.
Oh, and welcome to the Matrix family! [;)]
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:08 pm
by JudgeDredd
ORIGINAL: simnettpratt
I am also interested in the three Ambush expansions; loved that game in the 80s. I am in Dallas TX; emigrated here from Colchester in 1975. Jim_H, I guess internet etiquette says you have first dibs, though, but I'd sure love them also
I live in Colchester...have done since 1985
RE: Old Board Games For Sale
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 pm
by Skeleton
Dan,
Is Russian Front still available? If so, PM me regarding condition and total price.