Page 1 of 1

Cool Painting

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:02 pm
by Brady
At some point I would like to start colecting some Military art, while my interests are mainly WW2 I do get out once and a while[:)]

Image


FROM

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:07 pm
by andym
I know of an exceptional artist in the UK.He is called Kieth Renwick,he has a gallery on Myspace.He specialises in small run prints and one off originals.All the prints are taken from Oil on Canvas.Pm me if you want his e mail addy.


Image


Image

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
by sabre1
Perfect segue into a question I had.  I am looking for a military print to hang in my home.  Where is the best site for that type of thing?  Preferably 1800's British Empire period, but could be a little earlier or just a tad later. 

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm
by andym
ORIGINAL: sabre1

Perfect segue into a question I had.  I am looking for a military print to hang in my home.  Where is the best site for that type of thing?  Preferably 1800's British Empire period, but could be a little earlier or just a tad later. 


Youn could try here. http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/military.php


http://www.nicolastrudgianprints.com/

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:12 pm
by Iron Duke
hi
I purchased a few Napoleonic prints from here

http://www.cranstonfinearts.co.uk/


RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:50 pm
by JeF
Giuseppe Rava, the man behind the covers of Vae Victis :

Image

http://www.g-rava.it/opere/XX_secolo.htm

Fell free to browse the site for more eras.

JeF.

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 pm
by Marc von Martial
ORIGINAL: JeF

Giuseppe Rava, the man behind the covers of Vae Victis :

http://www.g-rava.it/opere/XX_secolo.htm

Yep, he kicks ass. Along with Ron Volstad, the man behind many Osprey color plates and Dragon boxes.

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:39 am
by milkweg
What type of helicopter is that? I have a framed print on my wall of the venerable Spitfire. I would like to get this Battle of Trafalgar print too.

http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/more.php?ProdID=3283

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:00 am
by Dixie
ORIGINAL: milkweg

What type of helicopter is that? I have a framed print on my wall of the venerable Spitfire. I would like to get this Battle of Trafalgar print too.

http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/more.php?ProdID=3283

It looks to be a Westland Wasp helicopter attacking the Argentine sub Santa Fe during the Falklands War.

RE: Cool Painting

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am
by leastonh1
ORIGINAL: Iron Duke
hi
I purchased a few Napoleonic prints from here

http://www.cranstonfinearts.co.uk/
Nice artwork!!! Thanks for that link Iron Duke, I'm going to ask for the Rorke's Drift print for my birthday!