Page 1 of 1
Russian capital(s)
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:26 pm
by MarshallEllis
Hey guys:
I am adding the second capital to Russia (St Pete's).
Russia will have 2 capitals (St Pete's and Moscow).
Enemy unbesieged occupation of EITHER of these will cause Russia to collect no money.
Russia will also lose 1pp for each capital that is occupied by unbesieged enemy.
Karelia will NOT be eligible to be selected for ceding now that it is a capital.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 pm
by bOrIuM
ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
Enemy unbesieged occupation of EITHER of these will cause Russia to collect no money.
Isnt both capitals to be occupied to collect no money ? We always played like that. Its one of the advantage of Russia. Even if Napoleon occupied Moscow, it still received their money.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:54 pm
by NeverMan
8.2.1.1 MONEY COLLECTION BY TAXATION: The tax money due a major power is determined by adding together all of the tax values of all of its controlled home provinces, currently ceded enemy provinces and conquered minor countries. The tax money due a controlled minor free state is similarly and separately figured (see 8.2.3). A major power may not collect taxes from a province or minor country if its capital city is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors. A major power collects no taxes at all (except for its minor free states) if its national capital city (or, in the case of Russia, if either Moscow or St. Petersburg) is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:54 pm
by pzgndr
Here's original EiA rule (with errata?):
8.2.1.1 MONEY COILLECTION BY TAXATION: The tax money due a major power is determined by adding together all of the tax values of all of its controlled home provinces, currently ceded enemy provinces and conquered minor countries. The tax money due a controlled minor free state is similarly and separately figured (see 8.2.3). A major power may not collect taxes from a province or minor country if its capital city is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors. A major power collects no taxes at all (except for its minor free states) if its national capital city (or, in the case of Russia, if either Moscow or St. Petersburg) is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors.
Should EiANW be different?
Edit. Shucks, NeverMan beat me by 35 seconds. [:D]
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 pm
by MarshallEllis
I'll go out on a limb and say that EiANW shouldn't be different here, yea?

RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 am
by borner
Having that Capital on the coast is one of the few things that cause russia to be careful. If all you have is Moscow to worry about, well, you are pretty darn secure.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 am
by MarshallEllis
Correct. It is clear that the designers recognized this.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am
by iamspamus
COR-RECT!
ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
I'll go out on a limb and say that EiANW shouldn't be different here, yea?
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:17 am
by iamspamus
Of course, this doesn't matter if you have good allies, who are funding you. There's nothing more frustrating than taking the dudes capital and having his "allies" fund him while he takes it back...sigh...
ORIGINAL: NeverMan
8.2.1.1 MONEY COLLECTION BY TAXATION: The tax money due a major power is determined by adding together all of the tax values of all of its controlled home provinces, currently ceded enemy provinces and conquered minor countries. The tax money due a controlled minor free state is similarly and separately figured (see 8.2.3). A major power may not collect taxes from a province or minor country if its capital city is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors. A major power collects no taxes at all (except for its minor free states) if its national capital city (or, in the case of Russia, if either Moscow or St. Petersburg) is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm
by NeverMan
ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
I'll go out on a limb and say that EiANW shouldn't be different here, yea?
I'll go out on a limb and say that EiANW shouldn't be different anywhere, yeah?

RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm
by borner
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm
by Tater
ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis
Hey guys:
I am adding the second capital to Russia (St Pete's).
Russia will have 2 capitals (St Pete's and Moscow).
Enemy unbesieged occupation of EITHER of these will cause Russia to collect no money.
Russia will also lose 1pp for each capital that is occupied by unbesieged enemy.
Karelia will NOT be eligible to be selected for ceding now that it is a capital.
So, I take it that it is not that way now?
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 pm
by MarshallEllis
Correct. Today Moscow is the only capital.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:28 am
by borner
Makes it more fun playing Russia though!!!!

RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 am
by iamspamus
Nah, it just makes it easier. It's more "fun" to play Russia where you have to protect St. Pete also! I actually loved it when the N Baltic froze over for winter. I could breathe a sigh of relief!
ORIGINAL: borner
Makes it more fun playing Russia though!!!!
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:09 pm
by NeverMan
ORIGINAL: iamspamus
Nah, it just makes it easier. It's more "fun" to play Russia where you have to protect St. Pete also! I actually loved it when the N Baltic froze over for winter. I could breathe a sigh of relief!
ORIGINAL: borner
Makes it more fun playing Russia though!!!!
I think that's what he meant.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:12 am
by borner
yup

RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am
by iamspamus
I know...

Uh, I was just giving ol' borner crap... [8|]
ORIGINAL: NeverMan
ORIGINAL: iamspamus
Nah, it just makes it easier. It's more "fun" to play Russia where you have to protect St. Pete also! I actually loved it when the N Baltic froze over for winter. I could breathe a sigh of relief!
ORIGINAL: borner
Makes it more fun playing Russia though!!!!
I think that's what he meant.
RE: Russian capital(s)
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:17 pm
by NeverMan
ORIGINAL: iamspamus
I know...

Uh, I was just giving ol' borner crap... [8|]
ORIGINAL: NeverMan
ORIGINAL: iamspamus
Nah, it just makes it easier. It's more "fun" to play Russia where you have to protect St. Pete also! I actually loved it when the N Baltic froze over for winter. I could breathe a sigh of relief!
I think that's what he meant.
OK. [:D][;)][:@][:'(][:o][:-][&o][8|][X(][>:][:(][&:][8D][:)]