Page 1 of 2
7.1 is good but...
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:57 am
by joegamer
The 7.1 patch is a little weak with a few irritations of its own. Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark? Are the dates for the infantry AT weapons accurate? There were no Panzerfaust 60s in the Normandy campaign? In general I think they are more accurate but has their rarity gone too far? What do you other gamers think?
Re: 7.1 is good but...
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:05 am
by tracer
Originally posted by joegamer
Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark?
I just tested this and on the map I selected the opposite occurred: all hexes became lightened. I
think this can be adjusted in the preferences screen using the 'move radius' button.
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:22 am
by joegamer
Hey tracer you're right. I toggled the move radius preference off and the clear dark hexes button is now behaving itself. Thanx.
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:57 am
by parusski
7.1 one is good for one reason: they did it for is. End of the damned discussionl. Be thankfull everyone.
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:24 am
by tracer
Originally posted by joegamer
Hey tracer you're right.
My wife said that happens once in a while

Re: 7.1 is good but...
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:30 am
by Warrior2
Originally posted by joegamer
The 7.1 patch is a little weak with a few irritations of its own. Why does the clear dark hexes button make all the hexes dark? Are the dates for the infantry AT weapons accurate? There were no Panzerfaust 60s in the Normandy campaign? In general I think they are more accurate but has their rarity gone too far? What do you other gamers think?
Just how many other SPWaW versions have you played, Newbie, to decide 7.1 is "weak?"
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:55 am
by chief
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:01 pm
by peter hellman
I do understand Warrior here. When enjoying this (FREE) game as much as I do, when there is some comment, maybe as now with a real issue, but like carelessly thrown out of the hat with the point against Matrix, it slightly raises the aggression level.
Misunderstand me right here, I'm not saying no one should criticize anything. The approach is important.

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:25 pm
by hnh3_sp
Of course, you might actually try answering his questions instead of attacking him...:rolleyes:
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:43 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Warrior? are you THE warrior?
I looked and you have just 36 posts?
Are you the WARRIOR I am thinkng of?
I was sure you would have more than 36 posts????
Just confused here this is about nothing really, it just attracted my attention.
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:51 pm
by Supervisor
Yes Sarge: He is the one and only Warrior, he had to revert back to his old name for some reason that escapes me. Administrator's posted early when the forum was put in motion that some user names that hadn't been in use for a while lost the proper total post count. But he is the original.
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:08 pm
by tracer
To me he'll always be REMF

newbie, newby, booby
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:51 pm
by joegamer
I fondly remember playing ver 2.2 years ago. Have designed and published a few WW2 miniatures rules. I still enjoy SPWAW its just that when I see a bn. of infantry firing HEAT rifle grenades against armor in 1941 it surprises me. I feel every incremental patch in SPWAW is a net improvement and am appreciative for the effort that goes into creating it. So naah!
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:33 pm
by Warrior2
Originally posted by tracer
To me he'll always be REMF
Thanks Jim! That's me, all right, safe in the rear with the gear!

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:07 am
by Figmo
I've played every version of the Steel Pathers series and SPWaW Ver. 7.1 is the best of all - IMHO!!
It won't make everybody happy - that will never happen - but for me it's the best.
Figmo
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:08 am
by ruxius
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADministrator...,
Give back to Warrior his previous amount of posts !!...
I can't still believe to what I read :
Warrior : Matrix New Recruit...!

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:52 am
by KG Erwin
Agreed! Warrior needs to be upgraded to at least a veteran. <Ahem> rank DOES have its privileges.
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:04 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Warrior knows, as do I, that his promotion is a matter of simply adjusting his rank through the interface.
Alas I dont think they can restore that nice looking sum of posts that must be his due.
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:06 am
by KG Erwin
As has been mentioned earlier, any suggested OOB changes and file attachments should be posted to Colonel Von Blitz's New 7.1 OOBS.
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:11 am
by Warrior
Well guys, I decided to take the path of least resistance. To keep the history of my posts I've reverted to REMF, but as you can see have added "aka WARRIOR," lest anyone think I'm really an armchair General sitting in the rear echleon.

It's not the most elegant solution, but does get the job done. (Though I kind of miss being a "Matrix Hero!")