Page 1 of 1

7.1 Updating problems

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:07 am
by parusski
Did I miss a thread or what. I downloaded the official 7.1 patch. I put it in my SPWAW folder, unzipped, ran update. Now the Mech.exe will not work because of missing .dll file.
Was there another way this upadate should have been handled???

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:37 am
by Warrior
What .dll file? Perhaps SMACK32??

Run the install again and check to make sure the folder it installs to is "MatrixGames" and NOT Matrix Games. (You have to take that space out from between the words.) Your may still have the spurious Matrix Games folder on your computer, which is where the start-up shortcut would go, and it won't work, obviously. You can delete the phony folder, and the funky shortcut.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:32 pm
by Mike Oshiki
I did the same thing when I installed the patch, and found another folder on my hard drive with all the patch files installed. Watch the space.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:19 pm
by Bing
Here, too, please see the sticky above - the installer routine gets the name of the MatrixGames root folder wrong. When that happens, nothing gets installed in the correct dir.

Bing