Page 1 of 2
A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm
by barbarossa2
Even though African troops composed a majority of Free French units fighting to free France from Nazi rule, only whites were allowed in the Paris victory parade. This is today's BBC article about it...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7984436.stm
If it weren't tragic, it would be comical.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Hardly a "discovery"...
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:08 pm
by SuluSea
I think you should take your complaints to the people that orchestrated the parade instead of burdening whites that had no hand in this.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:54 pm
by JudgeDredd
SuluSea, just because one doesn't like the past, doesn't mean it shouldn't ever be mentioned. WTH is with the "burdening whites" thing? I'm white and I do not feel burdened by it.
I hardly think he was linking it to "modern white man"! No need to get on your high horse. Personally I like the fact that people find information on the past...it is historical and anything that broadens my knowledge is worth a read. Weather I read it as fact or fiction is my own doing.
Thx for the link. Interesting reading.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:12 pm
by barbarossa2
To be honest with you, I don't know what to think. I suppose it was standard fare in many nations of the day. But if men put their lives on the line for your country and die for it, to deny them a victory parade is pretty lame.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm
by Widell
ORIGINAL: barbarossa2
To be honest with you, I don't know what to think. I suppose it was standard fare in many nations of the day. But if men put their lives on the line for your country and die for it, to deny them a victory parade is pretty lame.
I'd use the term "
was pretty lame". I truly hope the event, if held today, would be different. One must also keep in mind the world, or large parts of it at least, has come a long way since the end of WWII. Not saying things are perfect, but still very far from the situation in 1945...
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:52 pm
by Hard Sarge
well, remember, when the war ended and the English held there parade, the Pole were not allowed to be in it (so at times it was not just based on Race)
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 pm
by barbarossa2
Widell,
I stand corrected. Of course you are right. And things HAVE come a long way since then. Thankfully.
-B
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:10 pm
by Doggie
Oh, yes, the Americans made them do it. [8|]
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:22 pm
by barbarossa2
The BBC didn't try to paint this as an all-American thing. The first sentence says, "British and American commanders". It seems the BBC isn't exactly running an anti-American smear campaign.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:43 pm
by JudgeDredd
Forget it Barbarossa...you'll never convince them! [8|]
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 pm
by Doggie
Excuse me? Read the very first sentence.
Who was the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe? The guy in charge of both British and American forces?
Why that racist Eisenhower, of course. [8|]
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:30 am
by Missouri Rebel
Nothing sells like 'White Guilt'. Don't quite feel bad enough? Just wait. Another 'story' will be along any second. Gets rather old to me and many others I am sure.
Remember, never celebrate white accomplishment and only look at its shortcomings. Only then will you be worthy of intellectual exchange according to todays standards.
But the guys did get the shaft.
At least things have changed in S.A..
Under Black Rule
Warning...not for the feint of heart. Look at the Farm Murders Link.
Any outcry from the BBC? From the world?
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:11 am
by SS Hauptsturmfuhrer
Missouri Rebel
You say you are upset about 'white guilt' as you put it. From that standpoint, what your take on the quote you are advertising in your signature:
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 am
by sabre1
I feel a lock down coming...
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:17 am
by Missouri Rebel
I dont feel 'white guilt'.
As to your question;
What? Can you explain further?
mo reb
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:20 am
by SS Hauptsturmfuhrer
Reb, I'm just curious if the Sherman quote is trying to make the northern states look bad, whites look bad, or you perhaps you even endorse his rhetoric. I'm just passing through and don't really care that much to tell you the truth. [:)]
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:21 am
by Missouri Rebel
ORIGINAL: sabre1
I feel a lock down coming...
Have we gotten to the sorry state that we cannot even talk about these issues? No, not the usual one-sided lectures but actual exchange. I don't think Barbarossas thread was so bad to warrant a lock. Or was it something else?
mo reb
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 am
by Missouri Rebel
ORIGINAL: SS Hauptsturmfuhrer
Reb, I'm just curious if the Sherman quote is trying to make the northern states look bad, whites look bad, or you perhaps you even endorse his rhetoric. [:)]
Neither I, nor the Northern states, nor whites. Just Sherman. Sometimes facts and truth can be so inconvenient.
RE: A Tragic WW2 Discovery...
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:25 am
by JudgeDredd
Mo Reb I think Sabre1 was referring to the inevitable rhetoric which follows. Just take Doggies post as an example...no one even mentioned Eisenhower being a racist, nor was it implied...but it managed to make it into this thread "just for good measure".
Way to go you big growed ups, you! [&o]