Page 1 of 1

cannot install game

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 pm
by afspret
I've been trying to re-install the game on my lap top (XP) but everytime I try the computer locks up when I click on install. When I try to install it on my desk top (Vista) nothing happens and I eventually get a message stating "the requested operation requires elevation".

I have previously run the game on my lap top but took it off when I installed WitP and BTR.

RE: cannot install game

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 pm
by borner
I want to say that someone else had this problem with Vista a while back. I think Matrix had to walk him through it.

RE: cannot install game

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 am
by xj900uk
I've had a similar problem - I can install my old 2.30 version no problem, but when I try the new 2.50 version it just keeps on saying 'installation failed'.  I have also tried downloading a patch to upgrade from 2.30 to 2.50 but that fails each time as well  [&:]

RE: cannot install game

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:23 pm
by Denniss
You might try the following:
Right click on the installer and run as Administrator (if you are not Admin in XP, might be required for Vista).
As alternative, run the installer in Windows2000 compatibility mode.

RE: cannot install game

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:10 am
by afspret
Well after several trys, I've come to the conculsion my UV disk must be bad because I can load other games on my lap top as well as other non-Vista games on my desktop PC without any problems.

So my question is, if I buy a new game, what version will it be, and will I encounter any problems loading onto my desktop, which uses Vista 64, SP1?