Page 1 of 1
And Still more Battles to Fight
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 3:15 am
by Wild Bill
Hey Fellas, keeping up with us?
Most, nearly all the scenarios have been around some of the bigger countries in WW2, including US, UK, Russia, Germany, Japan, etc.
Well, we are going into some new areas for you now and covering some of the other brave participants in this global conflict.
A new scenario just went up on the SPWAW Game Depot. It is good for PBEM play. It is called, "The Blood-Soaked Trail."
Welcome the Aussies, the lads from down under, who made such a heroic stand against incredibly difficult circumstances and terrain, fighting a tenacious, hardened Japanese Army along the Kokoda Trail.
The Japanese forces are nearing Port Moresby after treking across the rugged Owen Stanley Mountains. Both sides are exhausted from their efforts.
Still, they can fight and fight they do in this hard hitting latest battle.
It is available now in the SPWAW Game Depot.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
[This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited 07-01-2000).]
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 7:16 am
by Wild Bill
Anyone caught up with us yet
How many have you played?
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 1:35 pm
by nikb
"Hells Bells" Wild Bill
Patch, scenario, scenario, patch, patch...
I've never known support for a game like you guys at Matrix are putting out. Its super, above and beyond the call of duty...though don't stop!
Phew, I'm stuffed just trying to play through the original scenarios as well as being half way through a WWII campaign.
I'm a very content man at the moment - tired from playing too long into the night, as well as strugling to balance my time between work and her indoors - but a very happy gamer none the less.
Cheers and many thanks.
Nik
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 2:20 pm
by xavier
hello WB,
WB, are you keeping mischievous sprites in your vault?, constrains to work in the dark, making scenarios 24h/24H
I canno't believe it's possible for a normal human being to sustain a such rhythm.
Yes, it's possible? Bravo,applause......
------------------
xaal
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 3:07 pm
by Colonel Klink
I've played just about every single one (cooperatively against a supertorked AI with a friend) of your spww2 scenarios.
Started up with the kursk battle from spw@w then moved on to some battle generated battles.
right now, working on the first stalingrad scenario. Nothing but compliments to you and staff.
request: I would love to see a full blown scenario of operation market garden. both british and american perspectives.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 3:39 pm
by Greybear
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Hey Fellas, keeping up with us? 
Bill, I have been working on Kokoda Track and Company B of the Aus 39th Militia Batt. Some time this week, I will have to check yours out. If I have time...Where do you get yours... how about shareing your Wholesale Time Website address....
Greybear
PS is anyone working on Milne Bay or Eora Creek?
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 4:30 pm
by Fabio Prado
WB,
Your pace is really terrific. Thank God for that!
I'm updating my scenarios to better reflect the new database. In the meantime, I've managed some time to play the game too. Now, let's see this Aussie scenario.
------------------
Fabio Prado
fprado@fprado.com
Webmaster -
The ARMOR Site!
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 7:47 pm
by Tankhead
Keeping up

I need more hours in a day but I'm having fun trying to catch up. Wife is going visit the outlaws for a couple of week maybe then
Tankhead
------------------
Rick Cloutier
rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http:/sites.netscape.net/rcclout
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 9:08 pm
by Wild Bill
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. We will do our best to keep up with you! I see now many of you are right on my ail

You are some very industrious warriors.
Greybear, I won't touch Milne Bay. That one is yours.
The scenario is in the Game Depot at the Matrix Game Main page. Look in the menu list toward the top of the page, then click on the phrase, Game Depot.
Or to help out, just go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/gamedepot.asp
Some of you have a little bit of holiday during the next few, so we'll try to keep you entertained.
Sometimes I feel like the man "hated by wives and girl friends all over the world"
Wild Bill
-------
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 6:13 am
by Kerg
Well, I am only on turn 14 of the Big Bulge scenario. It is awesome, love the tactics involved in the large map. The Sturmtigers were a unwelcome surprise too.
You can keep goin at your rip roaring pace, I will catch up eventually. Still on patch 2.2.
Kerg
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 6:43 am
by Wild Bill
Keep at 'em Kerg. And watch out for some last minute German arrivals
They can spoil your day
I'm glad you are having fun with it. We are having fun, aren't we

?
WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 8:41 am
by Kerg
This is the only game I play now. I think it is grinding on the wife though, especially when I pump up the volume in my 2 3ft high stereo speakers and shake the house.
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 9:26 am
by Deutscher Aufklarung
I would like to quote my wife,"WHAT IS THAT KNOCKING SOUND?" I reply..."It's glory!"
Well...not really...but it sounds good to her, as she roles her eye's and says, "UHHH HUUUHHH."
------------------
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 7:26 am
by Pharaoh Ghost
OH MY God!!!
The sound and sound effects are AWESOME! You have to play it Loud. I woke my girlfriend up the other night in the middle of a Motor bombardment. hee hee hee. I'm very new to this whole game and I can't believe how much support it has behind it. BRAVO to the Makers and caretakers. I'm addicted!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:02 am
by Wild Bill
Hang on Ghost, we'll be shifting to second gear soon (G).
Nice way to wake up the Lady!
I have a picture of this in my mind but its cracking me up
Sounds like a lot of us tip-toe out in the middle of the night and go to war
We're here for you, buddy!
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games