Page 1 of 1

New to the game, Old hand at it......

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:58 pm
by SGT Swanson
Hi all,

Yes you read it right. I had all the original SP games, but this one just blows me away!!!!!! THANK YOU all who redid it. After playing Talonsoft's Canpaign Series for the last 3 1/2 years I had forgotten how good this one is (Just DL'd it yesturday). And now for my questions:

1.) How do we PBEM this thing.......and where do I sign up!!!!!

2.) How do I get the Militarygamer.net server to work?

3.) Is there a hotkey to allow you to advance a unit into a hex when there is another unit there allready, without clicking on a hex adjacent to it??

:D :D :D :D

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:14 pm
by peter hellman
3.) Activate the unit you want to move, then press "shift" and hold it down while you click on the destination hex (that holds the other unit)

Don't know about PBEM when it comes to SPWaW yet, but I'll be in to it in the summer:p

Re: New to the game, Old hand at it......

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:18 pm
by AJVa
Originally posted by SGT Swanson
3.) Is there a hotkey to allow you to advance a unit into a hex when there is another unit there allready, without clicking on a hex adjacent to it??

:D :D :D :D [/B]
Press shift-key and click the hex. If the other unit happens to be enemy, you might want to try alt+o (if your unit is tracked) or alt+m (if your unit is infantry) after having moved into the same hex for close combat.:p

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:24 am
by SGT Swanson
Thx a lot. Forgot about that. BTW Does anyone know where I can get my hands on an American or U.S. Army flag as an animation for my avatar. And how to install it?

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:47 am
by Big Bill
SGT, If you think this game is fun against the AI you will love ( or hate at first) PBEM. I had the same question a year ago and got some great help with PBEM and tactics playing a human opponent ( very different!)If someone doesn't have you up and running soon I'll give you a shout in a week when I'm back from vacation.

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:27 pm
by Resisti
SGT Swanson,

welcome here first of all.
If you'll suceed to stop kicking the AI @$$ for a while :) and read through this Forum you'll realize soon this is the BEST community all over the net!

As for yr questions:

1)First read the manual; there's a whole section with a step by step explanation on how to start a pbem.
You then don't need to sign up anywhere to play pbem, you must find an opponent, tough!
finding an experienced player is the best and quickest way to learn how to pbem (BTW, if you want to start a VERY SMALL one mail me at RESISTI64@HOTMAIL.COM)

2)Militarygamer.net is no more. Now it is called militarygameronline.com, but is actually down for maintainance and update. Here you'll find a section called COMBAT COMMAND, where a bunch of evil players are running Leagues for Spwaw, to be played either by pbem or tcp/ip.Here you'll have to sign, but it's for free.

3)other people replied correctly to this.

Hope this helps.

Welcome Aboard!

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:16 am
by John David
SGT Swanson,,

Welcome aboard and as Resisti said, this is the best on line community, period.

Read the manual, it will help answer allot of your questions. I, like you and many here started with the original SP's. All I can say is prepare to give a whole lot of your "free" time to this game :) .

Don't be shy if you have any questions, believe me, you will get all the help you need!

Have fun!

John

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:57 am
by SGT Swanson
Once again, thx to all who have replied to my thread. :D :D :D