Page 1 of 3
Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:41 am
by Moltke71
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 am
by Odin
[:D]Yes we know
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:24 am
by Erik Rutins
Thanks for having the interest and taking the time to preview AE, Jim.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:37 pm
by Kull
The map is delectable! Who's going to be the first JFB in the history of WitP to invade Africa? [;)]
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:43 pm
by pad152
On the bottom pic in the preview that shows the off-map transfer area on the US East Coast has a holding Box icon, what is a Holding Box?
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
by Moltke71
A holding box is the same as a transit box, a place where troops and resources from other theaters make their way to the Pacific.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:17 pm
by JWE
Didn't want to put 20,000 miles of off-map paths in the borders, so the paths end in holding boxes, where TFs sit for a period of time, to simulate portions of the trip; say from Cape Town, for example, to a game entry hex in the Indian Ocean.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 pm
by Chad Harrison
Thanks again for the preview Jim!
I saw that he threw up there a screenshot of the 221st USN Base Force. I have always been a base force fan since half the battle in even stock WitP is logistical, let alone AE, and ever since AE was announced I have been a pest to the AE team with requests for info on the new updated base force TO&E's. This is the first screenshot that I have seen of a US base force. Unfortunately, you can hardly read anything!
While I could ask specific questions that could be answered without a screenshot, the list is quite long (how much support, how much avaiation support, how much naval support, how many AA assets, how many radar sets, do all US base forces have combat troops attached and so on). Jrcar in his AAR was kind enough to post some screenshots of typical Japanease ones, and Andy was kind enough to give us the typical aviation support for US ones in a separate thread. With those two tidbits, I was content to wait until release and just find out for myself and not bug the AE team about it anymore. But seeing this screenshot has made it to difficult to not ask for more details . . .
So I will be a pest about US base forces one last time (I promise this time!):
Can we get a screenshot of a typical US base force showing the unit TO&E? (In other words, its full strength, you know, what you see after you click 'Show Unit TOE' on the screen')
If I really were to press my luck, I would even ask for a representation of a USAAF, USN and Army base force . . . but I know, thats pressing my luck. I certainly understand if somethings need to be left a surprise, and I certainly know how busy you guys are at the end of the race, so I completely understand if it needs to wait.
Regardless, thanks again for all the hard work on the project! Everything looks amazing!
Chad
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 pm
by JWE
Yeah, pushin it a bit Chad. As you may imagine, we are in the short stroke mode, and are very, very busy. Maybe somebody will take pity and post some, but if not, best to think of them as having similar stats and elements - lots more detail, of course, but not "substantially" different. Except the Nav guys will have Naval Support squads added (obviously the Army and Air guys won't), up to maybe 100 early war, going to maybe 200 later war. And that's only a tenth of it. You are just gonna have to hold on.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm
by Moltke71
I'll see what I can do, but I'm tackling CoG:EE now,.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm
by Chad Harrison
ORIGINAL: JWE
Yeah, pushin it a bit Chad. As you may imagine, we are in the short stroke mode, and are very, very busy. Maybe somebody will take pity and post some, but if not, best to think of them as having similar stats and elements - lots more detail, of course, but not "substantially" different. Except the Nav guys will have Naval Support squads added (obviously the Army and Air guys won't), up to maybe 100 early war, going to maybe 200 later war. And that's only a tenth of it. You are just gonna have to hold on.
Thanks for the reply John. I have waited this long, whats a little longer? [:D]
Thanks again for all the hard work!
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:12 pm
by Chad Harrison
ORIGINAL: Bismarck
I'll see what I can do, but I'm tackling CoG:EE now,.
Obviously, if you got I chance, it would be appreciated. If not, as I mentioned above, I can certainly have a little patience.
Thanks again for the preview!
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm
by DuckofTindalos
By a loose check there's five different types of base force TO&E's. It would be more than one screenie...
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 pm
by Chad Harrison
Doesnt that pretty much sum up our collective requests? We are always asking more than we think we are or realise [:D]
It feels silly to ask such a thing now actually . . . you guys have done such a great job and I will be able to see it soon enough.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm
by JeffroK
EVERY Pilot was individually researched and rated!!!!
Well done, I'm surprised it only took 4 years[:'(]
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Kull
The map is delectable! Who's going to be the first JFB in the history of WitP to invade Africa? [;)]
We should start some kind of contest or something for JFBs. First one to invade Africa in a PBEM wins.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm
by DrewMatrix
First one to invade Africa in a PBEM wins
The father of a friend of mine spent WWII there (Madgascar anyway). He was in the South African RAF and was assigned to Madagascar for the entire war, waiting for the Japanese to return to the Indian Ocean as I understand it.
Drew S.
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:16 pm
by timtom
ORIGINAL: JeffK
EVERY Pilot was individually researched and rated!!!!
Well done, I'm surprised it only took 4 years[:'(]
*cough* methinks the good doctors making a supposition there *cough*
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:21 pm
by Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: timtom
ORIGINAL: JeffK
EVERY Pilot was individually researched and rated!!!!
Well done, I'm surprised it only took 4 years[:'(]
*cough* methinks the good doctors making a supposition there *cough*
OH, the "turn your head and cough" type of research....
RE: Preview
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm
by RevRick
ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: timtom
ORIGINAL: JeffK
EVERY Pilot was individually researched and rated!!!!
Well done, I'm surprised it only took 4 years[:'(]
*cough* methinks the good doctors making a supposition there *cough*
OH, the "turn your head and cough" type of research....
He said "supposition" not "suppository."