Page 1 of 1
Timeframe for version 2.4?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:26 am
by Longstreet_slith
Jeremy, what is the timeframe for version 2.4? Just curious...:rolleyes:
All the best,
Longstreet
Re: Timeframe for version 2.4?
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:45 pm
by Jo van der Pluym
Originally posted by Longstreet
Jeremy, what is the timeframe for version 2.4? Just curious...:rolleyes:
All the best,
Longstreet
I am also curious when we can expect version 2.4:rolleyes:
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:59 pm
by Jeremy Pritchard
I hate to say this, but you can expet it when it is done.
I do not want to give out a specific date, because you never know what bugs are floating around in it that will be found in playtesting, that might push back the release date (then there will be questions about why it is late!).
All that I can say is that it is not months away, probably not even one month away.
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:26 am
by daniel123
The is good news. I have noticed in a pbem game I am playing that the Austrialina army unit are not switching to SW-Pac. Do you plan to use the suggestion of letting these unit come into the game already assigned as SW-pac on there reinforcement dates?
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:06 pm
by daniel123
I noticed from possible 2.4 changed that this version of Pac War will not be compatible with a 2.3 game. Is this correct??
2.4 and 2.3
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:18 pm
by mogami
The maps and OB's will not be the same.
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:23 am
by Jeremy Pritchard
In regards to Australian units, in all of the PBEM capable games they are appearing as reinforcements on the turn that they actually switch over to SW Pacific. The 6th Division appeared, say, turn 7 in the game attached to ANZAC, but changed over to SW Pacific on turn, say, 40, in the new version they will appear attached to SW Pacific on turn 40. This will weaken ANZAC defences, but not by much (since units like the 1st and 3rd Armoured will appear that is more than capable of smashing any attempt at invading Australia).
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:24 am
by Jeremy Pritchard
The version is coming along very well, just a lot of small details to clean up and bug searching to do.
about that release, Jeremy...
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:57 am
by chanman
Hi Jeremy, as one who watched your computer adventure with the 2.3 release, I have only one thing to say.... BUY A TAPE BACKUP PLEASE
I would hate for you to get virus'd or have another hard drive crash at just the wrong time. Note that zip drives work very well for this reason also (I use tape because I have been doing so for so long and they have more space than zips).
Chanman
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:45 pm
by Jeff Norton
...Or use your CD-Burner. Works rather well for backups (both the initial and incremental...).
Cheaper than a Tape device these days too....
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:35 pm
by Admiral DadMan
ooooh but be careful using Veritas Backup Exec doing incremental backups...
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:02 pm
by BullHalsey
I hope v2.4 will be more friendier to the newer WINDOWS formats (i.e. Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP) for these systems are hostile to DOS-based programs.
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:46 pm
by Admiral DadMan
Originally posted by BullHalsey
I hope v2.4 will be more friendier to the newer WINDOWS formats (i.e. Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP) for these systems are hostile to DOS-based programs.
Don't bet on it...