Page 1 of 1

Screenshots (Ian and Erik)

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:44 am
by Kadste
This is really for the guys that have a version of UV now.

I will not even go to the point and mention how jealous I am of you right now, but as long as you are volunteering information, I (and others) will try to keep getting as much as possible.

The screen shots are really great, some of the best I have seen for this type of a game.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a screenshot that shows the situation that Ian is presented with now. This is really for you Ian. Can you give us a screenshot on you present situation including the location of these automatic victory locations. I would like to try to appreciate just how difficult a job (or easy) you have ahead of you due to geography.

2) There has been mention of an editor that will come with UV. The question that I have is how much of the attributes of the ships that we have seen can be edited?

More screenshots...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:03 am
by Erik Rutins
Glad you've been enjoying the shots (for those that haven't seen them, look at the british flattops thread).

In response to your requests, and for the others who've been trying to figure out the map...

While I don't have Iain's saved games, I've taken some screenshots from the 6/1/42 start of the "Yamamoto's Prophecy" campaign scenario. You should be able to paste these together to get an idea of the distances and relative locations of the bases under discussion to each other.

First, here's a shot of the ship editor I have, with me changing the North Carolina to an Iowa class. :D

Luganville...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:05 am
by Erik Rutins
Here's a shot of Luganville and Noumea...

Luganville...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:10 am
by Erik Rutins
Here's Luganville and Guadalcanal...

Rabaul...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:12 am
by Erik Rutins
The Rabaul area...

Cooktown...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:13 am
by Erik Rutins
And Port Moresby to Cooktown...

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:13 am
by IChristie
Thanks, Erik.

As I have said before, I have an older beta version of the game and I would prefer not to post any screen shots or specific data because I don't want to cause any confusion by showing something that has been changed.

Yike

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:20 am
by mogami
Ok these new screen shots give a better picture. I did not know Pt Vila was south of Luganville. Now I think we need to see if we have the ponies to capture Luganville.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:29 am
by IChristie
Exactly, professor!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:30 am
by byron13
I've got to say that I'm just impressed as hell about the support the Matrix staff provides. (Off point, let me say that the ship editor looks like a great piece of work that, naturally, most other game companies would bother to provide). First of all, you all take the time to put out a game that is actually done right the first time. Second, you respond to questions, comments, and ideas, which few other game companies would bother with.

Now, a couple of us whining and drooling customers want to look at screen shots from a particular game that a beta tester is playing which, of course, has nothing to do with the development of the game or making a buck. Going beyond the call of duty, Eric actually pastes screen shots of the map into the forum.

What can I say? You all have my loyal support as a company that actually does it right.

Now, about beta testing Struggle Against Japan . . .

Thanks!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:26 am
by Erik Rutins
We're very excited about UV and more than happy to show it off. Glad that these shots are helping make to make the wait more bearable.

Here's a pic of the 30th Australian Brigade in early May '42 at Port Moresby:

30th Brigade

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:23 am
by tanjman
Erik, thanks for all the screen shots.

Question: Didn't the Australians use the 3" mortar and the 2 pdr AT gun?

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:55 pm
by byron13
Erik:

Tough being good to us. Seems every time you post something, someone has a problem with it.

Actually, that may work to your advantage. It's probably too late for UV and I imagine WiP/SAJ is going to use the same database as UV, but in the future you might post each class of ship, airplane, or whatever and see if people suggest corrections. I've seen the post above about 2 lbs. guns, other posts questioning the operational presence of turrets, torpedo loadouts, aircraft range, and questioning the flak complement for a particular date. For all the excellent research you all do, there's always some wargaming fanatic that has better resources. Maybe you could take advantage of that wealth of knowledge - or opinion. I certainly would not want to be the one having to post all of those pictures on the forum, but you might catch some interesting errors.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:58 pm
by Sonny
Originally posted by byron13
Erik:

Tough being good to us. Seems every time you post something, someone has a problem with it.

Actually, that may work to your advantage. It's probably too late for UV and I imagine WiP/SAJ is going to use the same database as UV, but in the future you might post each class of ship, airplane, or whatever and see if people suggest corrections. I've seen the post above about 2 lbs. guns, other posts questioning the operational presence of turrets, torpedo loadouts, aircraft range, and questioning the flak complement for a particular date. For all the excellent research you all do, there's always some wargaming fanatic that has better resources. Maybe you could take advantage of that wealth of knowledge - or opinion. I certainly would not want to be the one having to post all of those pictures on the forum, but you might catch some interesting errors.
Or just publish the game and let us look for ourselves.:D

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:39 pm
by daniel123
The dots that show in some of the screen shots are they the possible invasion areas? are you limited to only those areas?
God I hope it comes out soon. Here is a coming game.http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hearts.asp

Stop, Your Killing Me!

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:22 am
by John David
Guys,

Thanks for the great screenshots for UV, but please stop, your killing me:D ,

I can't wait for this game to be released!

The Rabul screen shot gives me the feeling that I'm one of the Black Sheep flying in formation with Papy through the "Slot".:cool:

Man, I'm drooling!

i will keep my eyes open at this thread for any news along with visiting your web site every few days.

Good luck. I know you guy's have a winner here.

From a long time SSI fan and patron,

John

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:56 am
by Kadste
Hey guys,

Thanks for the pics. I printed them out and was able to look at them today. Even cut and pasted them together. Some areas missing, but I get the point.

BTW is there anything at Ndeni?

8MB Video Graphics Card?

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:05 pm
by Mockingbird2
So, why does the game require an 8MB video card... The screen shoots haven't enlightened me.;)

Anyone know the answer?