Page 1 of 1
Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm
by wbm4x
Anyone seen this before? Any way to stop it? [&:]
Soviets are not active but one of their planes put a bomb in one of my transports at Konan (Korea, Sea of Japan).
This is vs. the AI, so I don't have an opponent I can complain to.

RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:46 pm
by greg_slith
Time for a strongly worded letter to the AI embassy. [:D]
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:10 pm
by engineer
I've never seem a neutral Soviet hit my shipping before. As long as it is just an isolated glitch, treat it as some Soviet "animal spirits". You can always go to war with them if it's irritating enough![;)]
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:13 pm
by DuckofTindalos
It doesn't say the Pe-2 is actually ATTACKING, you know...
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:20 pm
by Knavey
Yup...VERY stern warning.
Don't worry...you will get them back soon.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2054963
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:02 pm
by RUPD3658
I had a s Soviet search plane shot down by Jap flak so it goes both ways.
Luckily the game is coded to ignore international incidents. [;)]
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am
by jcjordan
I've seen & had similar stuff before, it's mostly because the AI can do anything it wants to (facetiously said) For whatever reason the AI when controlling the Allies has the ability to have most anything on search including transport a/c & the inactive Soviets. I don't know if I'd consider it a bug or just an annoyance as I play mostly the Allies but have been experimenting w/ IJ side lately & seen it happen.
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:17 pm
by Barb
I think any new units are automaticaly set to some mission. Russian too even if they show only Training as available. So they are performing the mission assigned to them in the arrival unless told otherwise. It is practical to manualy hit "Training" for arriving russian squadrons [:D] (Or do this once in a time via the "Air units assigned to this command" )
I would say a minor bug - 3C category [:)]
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 am
by m10bob
I think it means that once in port, the crew was bombed......
RE: Soviet Patrol Planes
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:51 am
by rtrapasso
As Barb has alluded to above: Go in under HEAD TO HEAD, and stand down all the Soviet air units... this should (hopefully) fix the problem until the next air reinforcement unit shows up... then rinse and repeat. [:'(]