Page 1 of 1

The Role of Support troops??

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:38 pm
by Adamo
I'm undergoing my first campaign : 'World War 2 Campaign', and I"m playing as the USA. I'm in the process of trying to brush aside the Free French Legionnaires and form a beachhead -- not as easy as I thought it would be. But I was wondering if there is a typical role reserved for support troops; meaning should I call them in as soon as I establish a beachhead or if the going gets a little rough for my main troops should I call in support.

Just wondering

thanks

adamo

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:52 pm
by skukko
Support forces: buy them when you have access to them. You don't get those points to be used as reinforcements, which will be that you call support in deployment or middle of the battle.

Beach assault: hmm, it has own rules as water. If your reinforcement flags are on the water, don't call legmen or tanks. It leaves coices to be used offboard arty and may be aircrafts. no timeline for them, they arrive after few turns. Reinforcement value is some % of value of your core. If campaign is usermade (not generated) then you might have no reinforcement points, but only support points.

mosh

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:11 am
by Goblin
I primarily use support points for artillery, engineers, and special purpose troops such as barge carriers, minesweeping-tanks, cargo aircraft, non-SP AA guns, and fortifications. A lot of these units are useful on only certain missions, and not necessary all of the time. Use your support points to buy the units that you either cannot purchase as part of your core force (OB Arty Batts) or do not want in your core force (Barge carriers).

Goblin

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:30 am
by WhiteRook
I concur with Goblin about using points for Arty, engineers and mine sweeping tanks. Those are 3 of the best use of support points I can think of. If we were talking Nam then I would say helocopter gunships! :D