Page 1 of 1

Problem with 177b patch

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 pm
by Bustoff
Windows XP SP3. I have tried installing the 1.77b patch several times, and each time I do, I get a series of "decompression errors" that begin with the tables.dat file and go on indefinitely. I finally click Abort and the install stops. Now I have to re-install v1.77b due to the fact that the tables.dat file is hosed up and can not be found by the program. I have tried rebooting after installing 1.77 (which installs without any problem), but this does not help. I'd love to try out the new features and see the new graphics, but I can't seem to get past this issue. Any advice? Thanks.

RE: Problem with 177b patch

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 pm
by DonBraswell
I think you got a bad download. Try downloading 177b again.

RE: Problem with 177b patch

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am
by Bustoff
Hadn't thought of that. I will try it. Thanks.

<later that same day> Patch successfully applied. Way cool. Thanks again, DonBraswell!