Page 1 of 1

Can not save PBEMail game

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 am
by xj900uk
Hi there

I am faced with a wierd problem on my home PC. After months of trying to load & unload I have finally gotten the game to install and launch, albeit with some wierd fonts that go off the edge of the screen, but try as hard as I can, I can not save or finish a game-turn for PBEM purposes.
I am not sure what is happening, another player can Email me the next turn & I move/drag/drop the game files physically into the 'Save' folder. I can then from within the game open the turn, run it, make changes and finish it. But the moment I click on 'finish turn' and save it into the list of saved games, it disappears from the hard 'save' folder outside of the game and tells me there is nothing to Email back!
Even wierder, whilst inside of the game I can still see the turn on the list of saved scenario games ready to be loaded, but outside of hte game there is nothing in the hard 'save' folder.
BTW, even more wierd the turn from the other player stays in the 'save' folder all the time I am actually playing the turn, I can 'save' it without ending then go and lookin the folder and it is still there, but the moment I click on 'end turn' and then go and save it (it tells me the game has saved OK, btw), it then disappears without trace for good! [:(]

Anyone else ever encountered this problem before? I am running it on Windows XP and the game folders are saved in the 'Program Files' section of the C-drive