Page 1 of 2
Total post count
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:18 am
by Supervisor
Do the post in the sub-forum get counted toward the total post count in the primary thread??? I want to know how we let the Art of Wargaming forum over takes us on total posts. I feel I've let you down! Sorry it's a slow night:p
Here we go again
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:30 am
by mogami
Hi, Ah the age old debate between quanity versus quality.

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:26 am
by Mojo
But you can have both quantity and quality just look at Iain's AAR. Does the other site have a single thread with almost 11K views?
Cheer up!
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:36 pm
by voyrep
Gmenfan,
I have posted this just to make you feel a little better!
This post is "one more for the good guys" in the eternal struggle between the Glorious Spwaw forum and the lowly Art of wargaming forum!
Voyrep
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:16 pm
by Goblin
I've always failed to see the name 'Art of Wargaming'. They just constantly reprint news stories, or insult eachother. Mogami summed it up.
Goblin
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:43 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Art of Wargaming
Going in there gives ya a desire to scrape off your shoes afterwards I'm sure eh
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:47 am
by WhiteRook
Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Art of Wargaming
Going in there gives ya a desire to scrape off your shoes afterwards I'm sure eh
Oh good - then it's not just me then!

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:09 pm
by Belisarius
Eh.. got to agree with Sarge there.. :rolleyes:
It
would be nice though if "Art of Wargaming" was exactly that... instead of a verbal bash-party.
(btw; did everyone have to login after yesterday's maintenance, or was it just me?

)
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:16 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Something I learned a good while back....
Art of Wargaming was actually a group that were given refuge from another location eh.
So here we are stuck with a forum that I suspect would not be here, if it was up to the just the Matrix crowd originally.
I personally would prefer Matrix just removed Art of Wargaming and deleted all its thread history.
They are the bad apples, and personally I won't miss any of their threads. But then again I don't go in there. I make all my comments in here.
Then, if the people in there refused to be civil in other normally well behaved forums, would could tell them to go away and not come back.
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:24 pm
by Svennemir
Hi. I just wanted to post this to support you guys.
For the SPWAW forum!
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:25 pm
by Svennemir
As Stalin said, quantity is a quality in itself and we should ensure the high quality of this forum!
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:50 pm
by Kanon Fodder
When the Matrix forums first moved to this format I used the option to see new posts and actually read some of the "Art of Wargaming" topics. (well, partially read - it's hard to wade through literally hundreds of replies)
I recently went back to just clicking on the "SPWaW" section.
"The Art of Wargaming" should be changed to "Ramble On and On and On About Whatever Potentially Flammable Topic You Like"
:rolleyes:
Baby Bashing
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:30 pm
by Capt. Pixel
I went into 'The Art of Wargaming' and asked the question - "So where's the wargaming part of this forum?"
63 abusive responses later - I seriously considered changing my sign-in name. Rudest bunch of name-calling babies I ever read.
I'd been noticing lately that the forum traffic seems to have decreased, too. Wonder why?
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:00 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Y know how embarrassing it feels when a buddy comes over eh, and yer at your computer, and trapped n all.
And you go away a few minutes, and **** he found the pic of the girl doing....holy **** how did the girl put that IN there.
And you suddenly realise yer busted, he found ya out.
Sort of like having a post you made noticed in Art of Wargaming in my opinion.
I have read a few posts in there too.
But now with the site making it visible if you even presently IN a forum. No way man. Those overly opnionated mental midgets in there ain't going to be hearing from me.
I suggest anyone that has posted in Art of Wargaming in the past do the honourable thing and go in and delete all their posts traffic eh.
Sure they won't be going away any time soon. But why should we help them raise the IQ level with our presence in there.
Yes yes yes I know I am sounding nasty. And that's not normally the case with me.
But I turfed the ASL mailing list and the A3R mailing list for the same reason. I don't drink beer with low forehead morons either.
David or Paul...I still say the site is doing the site's credibility a dis service babysitting those yahoos.
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:14 am
by Supervisor
Wow, I didn't think it could be that bad, I'm glad I moderate here then.
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:01 pm
by Capt Chris
I just had to look. What a flame war! I am very glad to be a part of a more civilized culture.
I didn't dare post anything.
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:01 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Awwwwwe damnit Capt Chris
Look at yer boots man, ya tracked bullshit all over the floor.
Guys if you must go in Art of Wargamming make sure to scrape off your boots first eh.
God what a mess.
And remember our moderator can't leave the room and escape the smell eh:D
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:14 am
by Svennemir
Yeah Capt. Pixel we are all very disappointed in you.
I think we should see the Art of Wargaming forum as a "shield" of the SPWAW forum. All the trash goes there, all the quality goes here.
If the AoW forum is deleted, who knows what ill fate might befell the SPWAW forum?

I don't want to know. This is not an issue to make fun of. This is serious.
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:21 am
by sven
Originally posted by Svennemir
Yeah Capt. Pixel we are all very disappointed in you.
I think we should see the Art of Wargaming forum as a "shield" of the SPWAW forum. All the trash goes there, all the quality goes here.
If the AoW forum is deleted, who knows what ill fate might befell the SPWAW forum?
I don't want to know. This is not an issue to make fun of. This is serious.
Some of us have volume in both.
I have about 1000 posts here and have about 3000 there.
Les I have noticed you pop in a few times. It seems that that AoW acts as a magnet for the idiot left, non-history knowing half-wits. Thankfully it keeps them from coming in here trying to explain to you guys how the AlQadah guys are being tortured at Gitmo while the murder of one of our downed soldiers was "just another day at the office".
besides I am waiting for the new games as most of the threads here have devolved into the same arguments made again and again ad infinitum.
regards,
sven-former oob guy...
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:29 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Ya I have had a couple of drive by looks (I pick at scabs as well I suppose hehe).
I suppose if we deleted AoW it would not automatically mean the dingbats would leave Matrix.
And I agree, man its going to be as long a wait for The Two Towers film as it is waiting for Combat Leader.....bummer.