Page 1 of 1

Invasion force left?

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 am
by darrenl
Hey all,

I'm doing the Appalachians (...I think that's how you spell it...lol) scenario and I sent an invasion force to the very first island. It did it's thing and unloaded troops, but then it took off for its home port and left about 700 troops (...out of 4000...) to fend for themselves. What did I do wrong on the invasion and why are the transports leaving? I do have it escorted and it has fuel etc...so I'm at a loss.

...come to think of it, I see this behavior for other ships as well, i.e. order it to go somewhere and it goes back to home port the very next turn.

thanks.

RE: Invasion force left?

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 am
by Sonny II
Did you check the Ops report? Sometimes you will find reasons in there for some of the actions.

RE: Invasion force left?

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm
by darrenl
The only thing the Op Log says is that the landing task force is re-embarking and retiring...and I have no idea why ;)

The log below is when I sent it back after the first time it left the landing island. TF4 is the landing TF:

OPERATIONAL REPORT FOR Apr 22, 43

SOC-1 Seagull reports conning tower at 157, 51 near Kiska Island
SOC-1 Seagull sighting report: 5 Japanese ships at 157,52 near Kiska Island, speed 15, Moving Northwest
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Kiska Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Attu Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Kiska Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Attu Island
PV-1 Ventura from VB-135 is written off
PBY-5 Catalina reports possible submarine at 172, 52 near Dutch Harbor
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Kiska Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Attu Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Kiska Island
PBY-5 Catalina takes recon photos of Attu Island
Damaged PBY-5 Catalina from VP-43 crashes, pilot reported killed
P-38G Lightning from 54th FS grounded due to maintenance
TF 4 re-embarks landing force at Kiska Island and retires
VP-43 takes PBY-5 Catalina replacements
344th FS takes P-40E Warhawk replacements
VB-136 arrives at Dutch Harbor

RE: Invasion force left?

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:54 pm
by darrenl
ohhh...does this have to be an amphibious TF or a transport TF? Cause I have it as a Transport TF trying to invade the island. Uh ohhhh.... ;)